Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Backdoor.agent.frv

Options

Hi there.

I have bitdefender installed on my PC , Every time i switch on the PC ti sais that the virus Backdoor.agent.FRV has been found and that it was not infected... I do not know how to get rid of this. it appears documnets and settings/all users/datos de programa/gtcfaxaz.exe

do not know what to to. really frustrating

Comments

• alexcrist
    Options

Hi xxxhondxxx,

You can do this:

1) Open TaskManager (Ctrl+Alt+Del or right click on your Taskbar and select TaskManager) and check if there are any instances of that process running (gtcfaxaz.exe). If there are any, kill them.

2) Disable BD Realtime protection

3) Go to documents and settings/all users/datos de programa/ and delete that file.

4) Enable BD Realtime protection

To be absolutely sure you cleaned the virus, I recommend to do a Deep Scan for your system (be sure to have BD fully updated).

If you believe that this is a false positive (a legit, clean file that is wrongly detected as infected), please put that file in a zip file protected by the password infected and attach it to your next post. The BD Virus Analysts will check the file and, if it is clean, they'll remove the detection.

Please post if this solved your problem :)

Cris.

• Hi xxxhondxxx,

You can do this:

1) Open TaskManager (Ctrl+Alt+Del or right click on your Taskbar and select TaskManager) and check if there are any instances of that process running (gtcfaxaz.exe). If there are any, kill them.

2) Disable BD Realtime protection

3) Go to documents and settings/all users/datos de programa/ and delete that file.

4) Enable BD Realtime protection

To be absolutely sure you cleaned the virus, I recommend to do a Deep Scan for your system (be sure to have BD fully updated).

If you believe that this is a false positive (a legit, clean file that is wrongly detected as infected), please put that file in a zip file protected by the password infected and attach it to your next post. The BD Virus Analysts will check the file and, if it is clean, they'll remove the detection.

Please post if this solved your problem :)

Cris.

Hi Cris

thank you so much that worked perfectly!!!

Have a great day

Regards

Anton

• alexcrist
    Options

You're very welcome, Anton.

If you have any other questions related to BitDefender / IT security, don't hesitate to ask here. ;)

Cris.