Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Internet Slow Down?

Options

seems like ive had nothing but problems with Bitdefender so far. heres the latest:

my internet is REALLY slow. and most times it will tell me "address not found" and to check my network settings. tried resetting my router and nothing has changed except for the fact that installed this antivirus. any way around this?

please, i dont want to be one of the people that gets super frustrated with this and uninstalled it and writes it off as a loss.

Comments

• seems like ive had nothing but problems with Bitdefender so far. heres the latest:

my internet is REALLY slow. and most times it will tell me "address not found" and to check my network settings. tried resetting my router and nothing has changed except for the fact that installed this antivirus. any way around this?

please, i dont want to be one of the people that gets super frustrated with this and uninstalled it and writes it off as a loss.

rick31,

There are no quick-fixes for any of the problems with BitDefender products! Many problems have existed for several incarnations of BitDefender. There are very few (if any) BitDefender employees that post on this site and BitDefender tech Support is DEPLORABLE.

Most of the older and somewhat knowledgable volunteers on this forum have been MIA for a month or so.

I no longer try to use BD on my machine and I don't condone anyone whom does attempt to use BD products.

That being said, I HATE seeing consumers getting ripped off and I will do what I can to help you possibly resolve your problems.

Before you installed BD, did you remove all traces of any prior installed AV products? This means using specific uninstall/removal tools for whichever product(s) you had. It doesn't matter how long ago you used another AV product, if you didn't use their specific uninstaller/remover, there could still be remnants of that program on your machine and IT WILL have an affect on how BD installs and runs!

Did you use a temp file cleanup tool/registry cleaner? (CCleaner(FREE) works pretty good)

Did you uninstall any and all AV and Antimalware products that may have been on your machine?

Did you disable Windows Defender and the built in Windows Firewall?

IF YOU DID NOT PERFORM ALL OF THE ABOVE PRIOR TO INSTALLING BitDender, I suggest you download any and all of the necessary tools.

After you have the necessary tools, disconnect from the web and uninstall BD, reboot, use their special uninstallation tool, reboot, run the special BD uninstaller again and reboot. At this point, you can run a cleanup/registry cleaner and reboot.

Now you can uninstall any and all antimalware products you are using, rebooting after each removal. Be sure to run the cleanup/registry tool after each removal and again reboot.

Disable Windows Defender and turn off the Windows Firewall and shutdown.

Wait 30-seconds or so and DO a cold start.

At this point, you can attempt to re-install BitDefender and if all appears good, reboot. *During the installation, you can reconnect to the web so BD can download any necessary updates during the installation.* If everything still appears to be good, reboot and hold your breath.

If at this point everything still appears to be good, you can re-install any additional antimalware products you wish to use. (Reboot after each installation.) If you use Spybot S&D, DO NOT enable the TeaTimer!

I know NOTHING about BitDefender's firewall, but you may have to add a rule to the whitelist to allow your router/ISP to communicate through the BD firewall.

There should be an online instruction manual for your particular BD product and I suggest you try to find it and read it completely!

Like I said earlier, NOTHING is easy about BitDefender problems and there really is no official tech support.

Good Luck!

Cheers

Orphan

• Sm3K3R
    Sm3K3R ✭✭✭
    edited February 2009
    Options

Orphan ,stop bashing BitDefender products ,come with constructive solutions.

This is not a forum for whiners.

Have a nice day!

seems like ive had nothing but problems with Bitdefender so far. heres the latest:

Most probable your problem is your router , DHCP server errors.

Aditionally make sure the BD firewall is configured corectlly

• Orphan ,stop bashing BitDefender products ,come with constructive solutions.

This is not a forum for whiners.

Have a nice day!

Sm3K3R,

I think you had better have another look at this forum. This forum is full of whiners. complaining about their malfunctioning BitDefender products and how NO ONE is helping them with their problems. NOT EVEN YOU!

I made some constructive suggestions. What did you contribute, other than criticism of my post?

You have a nice day too!

Cheers

Orphan

• Sm3K3R
    Sm3K3R ✭✭✭
    Options
    !

Sm3K3R,

I think you had better have another look at this forum. This forum is full of whiners. complaining about their malfunctioning BitDefender products and how NO ONE is helping them with their problems. NOT EVEN YOU!

I made some constructive suggestions. What did you contribute, other than criticism of my post?

You have a nice day too!

Cheers

Orphan

This is one of the motives i stopped making suggestions on the english forums ,many of you just whine (and you make full pages with it) and refuse any other ideeas or workarounds.

As you can see i suggested to the user that created the thread ,to try and see if his problem is not generated by the router itself ,case in which he should make the necesary proper settings or update his firmware.

The fact that he didnt configured corectlly his network is not necesarelly BD fault ,but will see that after he replyes.

• Niels
    Options

Hello rick31,

Unplug only the powercable of your router for 30 seconds. After that plug it back in. Open BitDefender switch to advanced view,antivirus,shield,press on custom level and uncheck scan http traffic press on ok. Download and run winsockfix. Run it and press on fix. After that I recommend that you clear your temporary internet files. See here for Internet Explorer 7 and here for Firefox. Press the windows button together with r now type this : cmd press enter. After that type ipconfig /flusdns press enter. Reboot your pc. Enable scan http traffic again.

Kind regards,

Niels