Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Support For Live Mail?

Options

Just a question, does BitDefender support the new Windows Live Mail? I've just installed it on my XP and I noticed that the BitDefender Icons do not appear at the top but it does scan the incoming and outgoing email.

Comments

• alexcrist
    Options

Hi fhenkel,

If your e-mail account uses the standard ports for sending/receiving mails (FTP and SMTP), them BD will scan e-mails whatever program you use to read them.

But the AntiSpam toolbar is not showed except in Outlook Express and MS Outlook. For any other e-mail clients (programs used to read e-mails) you'll have to configure the Antispam engine from BitDefender Management Console -> Antispam.

Cris.

• fhenkel
    edited July 2007
    Options
    Hi fhenkel,

If your e-mail account uses the standard ports for sending/receiving mails (FTP and SMTP), them BD will scan e-mails whatever program you use to read them.

But the AntiSpam toolbar is not showed except in Outlook Express and MS Outlook. For any other e-mail clients (programs used to read e-mails) you'll have to configure the Antispam engine from BitDefender Management Console -> Antispam.

Cris.

Chris,

First, thanks for the info and your time on this. I've gone into the section you mentioned and do not find anything related to making the BD Icons show up on the Live Mail toolbar. I'm guessing that LM being new this is not supported yet?? Without those Icon buttons, there is no way to add to the Spammers or Friends list. This is not a huge drawback since the LM is still a beta version. I was just wonderinig if there is any intent to fully support Live Mail..

• alexcrist
    Options

Hi fhenkel,

You didn't understand. Only Outlook Express and MS Outlook show the BD Antispam Toolbar (BD Icons, as you call them). Other e-mail clients (including Live Mail) do not show that toolbar.

But this doesn't mean that BD doesn't scan the e-mails. As long as your e-mail account doesn't use other ports then the standard ones (FTP and SMTP), you'll be protectec against SPAM, PHISHING and viruses.

You can configure the Spammer and Friends lists (used by BD Antispam) from the BitDefender Management Console. Take a look at the screenshot I attached (I have BD in Romanian, but the layout is the same).

Cris.

P.S.: Since this topic is not related to Malware, I moved it to the General section.

post-60-1184332907_thumb.jpg