Yearly Programs 2008 Etc

Can you please explain to me, why if one purchases your program in my case Sep 2008 that the 2009 version comes up a few months later, but I have still to run on the 2008 version with updates until my current subscription is up for renewal in September.

I find this highly unsatisfactory and there has to be a better way of doing it, besides the monetary factor, for the software company's .

I await your answer with interest

Comments

• pcbugfixer
    pcbugfixer ✭✭✭
    edited February 2009

G'Day Polyglory,

You can un-install the older 2008 version and use the same key for the new 2009 versions.

So un-install the older 2008 and re-install the new 2009. After the 2008 un-install re-boot (should prompt you to do so anyway) and then clean out your temp folder content and then install 2009.

If you have problems installing the 2009 version, run the BD clean up tool and try again after running the " How to Uninstall BitDefender ".

download "A. Download" or click on this " Download the Tool "

:ph34r:

• This is completely true: once you purchase a valid BitDefender license you are entitled to updates as well as free product upgrades (from an inferior version to a superior one; in this case from 2008 to 2009).

All you need to do is make sure that you preserve the product compatibility (for instance, if you have BitDefender Antivirus 2008 you need to install BitDefender Antivirus 2009; same goes for Internet Security and Total Security).

This situation is also described on the new self-service support site, here:

http://www.bitdefender.com/site/KnowledgeBase/consumer/#498

• This is completely true: once you purchase a valid BitDefender license you are entitled to updates as well as free product upgrades (from an inferior version to a superior one; in this case from 2008 to 2009).

In its current form I don't think 2009 can be described as a superior product. It's still way too buggy and is currently being Beta tested by people who have paid full price for the product.

I was advised to upgrade from 2008 to 2009. This caused numerous problems- the most serious of which was the system freeze crash- requiring manual restart.

After going through the painful process of contacting customer support I was eventually advised to uninstall 2009 and reinstall 2008. So I'd recommend upgrading with caution.

• Our main efforts are aimed towards improving both our products and services. Thus we will try to identify your request into our internal database and try to figure what went wrong.

• Our main efforts are aimed towards improving both our products and services. Thus we will try to identify your request into our internal database and try to figure what went wrong.

G'day Folks,

Many thanks for your replies, I think at the moment I will hang fire for a while before I put 2009 version in.

• Niels
    Niels
    edited February 2009

Dear Polyglory,

The only feature that you will missing is if you upgrade from BitDefender Total Security 2008 to version 2009 is online back-up by using a license key of a previous BitDefender version. That(=using online back-up) is only possible by purchased 2009 keys for Total Security.

Kind regards,

Niels