Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Problem With Ts 2009 After Update

Hi,

I have a major problem which hasn't been answered by the Tech Support people. After TS2009 updated last night, my computer booted OK but all programmes in Office 2007, when started, gave the error message that the programme had stopped. MS recovery could not find a solution. I used System Restore and everything reverted to working OK. TS2009 updated itself and after the requested reboot, guess what? All Office programmes again failed to work correctly! Is there a cure for this problem as I daren't use automatic update until a solution has been found.

The toolbar icon also keeps 'greying out' with the message 'BitDefender Services are not responding. Please restart the computer and if the problem persists, contact BitDefender support'. This seems to be a major problem with TS2009 even given the length of time since it was released. I also checked the enrtries in Services and they cannot be manually changed an do not allow setting for restart after a failure.

Please sort these problems out ASAP as I do not like having Automatic Update turned off with the risks to my laptop.

For Info, I am running Vista Ultimate, BD TS2009 and MS Office 2007 Enterprise on a Sony Vaio NR38M/S

Comments

• Dear JulianH,

Did you already tried to run the office programs as an administrator? To do that right click on the shortcut and choose run as an administrator.

What is the status of the BitDefender Desktop update service? It should be running. I suppose that you know how to check that. Because you checked the services.

The reason why you can't stop,start or restart BitDefender related services are due the BitDefender Selfprotection so BitDefender can't be easily terminated.

Please download this patch. Run it and wait till it completes. You need to run this also as an administrator. Be sure that your account has administrator privileges. When it completes reboot your pc. Try to update again.

Kind regards,

Niels

• post-18379-1235496237_thumb.jpgpost-18379-1235496207_thumb.jpg

Dear JulianH,

Did you already tried to run the office programs as an administrator? To do that right click on the shortcut and choose run as an administrator.

What is the status of the BitDefender Desktop update service? It should be running. I suppose that you know how to check that. Because you checked the services.

The reason why you can't stop,start or restart BitDefender related services are due the BitDefender Selfprotection so BitDefender can't be easily terminated.

Please download this patch. Run it and wait till it completes. You need to run this also as an administrator. Be sure that your account has administrator privileges. When it completes reboot your pc. Try to update again.

Kind regards,

Niels

Hi Niels,

Have rechecked the Service status after having rebooted yet again. The task bar icon is still 'greying out' after appearing to start OK. I have attached screen grabs of Services and the task bar. This is getting more than a trifle annoying, I never had problems like this with IS2008 & XP Pro SP3!

I hope that you can sort it out as I have used BitDefender for a fair while and am somewhat upset at the current problems.

Regards,

Julian

PS

I am having to reboot again as the icon has greyed out.

• Dear JulianH,

How did you upgraded to version 2009? I mean did you installed it over version 2008. You should use the removal tool and here the 64 bit uninstaller.

Did you wait a couple of seconds to see if the BitDefender icon didn't change to red? You need to verify the scan activity bar if there are no red crosses everything is active.

I saw in your screenshot that you are also using Threatfire,Superantispyware and Winpatrol. Are you using the paid version of Superantispyware?

Kind regards,

Niels

• Dear JulianH,

How did you upgraded to version 2009? I mean did you installed it over version 2008. You should use the removal tool and here the 64 bit uninstaller.

Did you wait a couple of seconds to see if the BitDefender icon didn't change to red? You need to verify the scan activity bar if there are no red crosses everything is active.

I saw in your screenshot that you are also using Threatfire,Superantispyware and Winpatrol. Are you using the paid version of Superantispyware?

Kind regards,

Niels

Hi Niels,

No IS2008 was installed on my desktop, that was upgraded to TS2009 when it first came out and boy! were there problems. But things were changed and it eventually worked OK with XP Pro. This machine has only ever run Vista and there have been numerous problems. I still cannot get the first setting in Basic Settings to remain ticked, it deselects itself after closing Basic Settings. The White List seems to not prevent TS2009 from bringing up a phishing message with URL's on the White List. The task bar icon very often needs seccentre.exe to be stopped before the Security centre will open. At present I have had to use System Restore three times today, every time due to TS2009 and it's update from yesterday.

The task bar icon was red at startup then changed to grey after about 20 seconds.

Yes, My copy of Super AntiSpyware is a full verson which I have used for a number of years.

• In order to send you some diagnostic tools I have created a ticket ID in the support database for this issue and sent you an e-mail with some steps. Please reply to that message when you have the time.

• post-18379-1235554979_thumb.jpgpost-18379-1235555045_thumb.jpgpost-18379-1235555029_thumb.jpgpost-18379-1235555007_thumb.jpg

In order to send you some diagnostic tools I have created a ticket ID in the support database for this issue and sent you an e-mail with some steps. Please reply to that message when you have the time.

Hi Diana,

I have attached screen prints of the Basic settings box. This seems to not select the first option when opened and to lose the setting when it is closed. I also had problems with Antispam not working in Outlook, again a screen print is attached.

• In order to send you some diagnostic tools I have created a ticket ID in the support database for this issue and sent you an e-mail with some steps. Please reply to that message when you have the time.

Hi Diana,

Have not received your email, but I have downloaded Fileinfo Tool and Sysdump. I have run these tools and have a zip file with them all in, who do I send this to??

• Dear JulianH,

Do you have the problems also on other user accounts?

Did you verified the e-mail address that you used to register here on this forum? I advice you that you check both the e-mail address that you used for your my account and here on the forum. Check also the trash/spam folder.

You can try this for you issue with the BitDefender security center not responding:

Install .net framework again.

First remove the previous versions with the tool mentioned here. After you ran that tool reboot your pc. Download and install the newest microsoft.net framework version.

Try this for your issue with the Antispam protection:

Press the windows button together with r now type this: cmd press enter.

Type the following commands (if you have installed it on the default location = Program Files):

regsvr32 -u "%ProgramFiles%\BitDefender\BitDefender 2009\bdo.dll" press enter

regsvr32 "%ProgramFiles%\BitDefender\BitDefender 2009\bdo.dll"press enter

Now type exit and press enter.

Kind regards,

Niels

• Dear JulianH,

Do you have the problems also on other user accounts?

Did you verified the e-mail address that you used to register here on this forum? I advice you that you check both the e-mail address that you used for your my account and here on the forum. Check also the trash/spam folder.

You can try this for you issue with the BitDefender security center not responding:

Install .net framework again.

First remove the previous versions with the tool mentioned here. After you ran that tool reboot your pc. Download and install the newest microsoft.net framework version.

Try this for your issue with the Antispam protection:

Press the windows button together with r now type this: cmd press enter.

Type the following commands (if you have installed it on the default location = Program Files):

regsvr32 -u "%ProgramFiles%\BitDefender\BitDefender 2009\bdo.dll" press enter

regsvr32 "%ProgramFiles%\BitDefender\BitDefender 2009\bdo.dll"press enter

Now type exit and press enter.

Kind regards,

Niels

Hi Niels,

Have been dealing with Diane, her email eventually arrived after over 7 hours in transit! We have, at last, managed to get TS2009 with the latest update work with Office 2007 by uninstalling Threatfire and SUPERantispyware and repairing TS2009. However the problem with the seetings failing to 'stick' in Basic Settings is still happening and TS2009 seems to think that MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB954430) is not installed even though Windows Installer Cleanup utility says it is. When uninstalled then re-intstalled, TS 2009 agrees that it is installed. I have sent Diane another email with more details.

I would be interested to know why TS2009 & Threatfire seem to have problems for TS2009, as after a system crash on reboot whilst repair was taking place Windows managed to re-install SUPERantispyware and this is currently running with no problems excepting Basic Settings.

In answer to your question, this affects both administrator and user accounts.

Regards,

Julian

• Dear JulianH,

Did you tried what I said concerning .net framework? You didn't answered that.

I used Threatfire in the past but now that BitDefender has it own Behavioral blocker I don't use it anymore. You can set the Behavioral Scanner to aggressive if you want to do that. Open BitDefender switch to advanced view go to antivirus,press on scanner settings and put it on aggressive. Did you created any custom rules in Threatfire or denied some change? That can cause weird behavior of other software or even windows.

Kind regards,

Niels