Runtime Error On Log Out

Hi all.

I know that this was an old problem with BD 2008 but I have not seen it mentioned of late with BD 2009.

Problem message on logout:

"Runtime Error!Probram: C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2009\vsserv.exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

Initially this problem occured on most logout/restart occasions.

System:

Win XP Sp3 and BD Antivirus 2009 (v12.0.11.5)

History:

BD support were provided with their usual reports and suggested that I delete Win Defender and Arcsoft (Photostudio 2000) products, remove BD and reinstall etc, which I did with no change in the frequency of the problem. [Ticket ID:200902061012983]

Subsequent:

I have deleted a few other old programs and some old Nero obsolete hotkeys. I have remove and reinstalled BD a few times with and without a firewall installed etc. The "error" message to date now only happens with a "restart" not "logout".

Question:

Has anyone any thoughts or successful fix solutions?

ps. I tried the "language" fix and the BD "option adjustment" fixes referred to when the 2008 problem was reported.

This seems to be some sort of incompatability problem and more an annoyance than a fatal problem but what would I know? and BD support has ceased communication concerning the matter.

Peter

Comments

• Because this issue requires us to send you some files in order to troubleshoot the issue we will send you an e-mail later on today ( on the same ticket ID) following up on the conversation that you had with technical support.

• flandrei
    flandrei Bitdefender VPN Product Manager BD Staff

Hi there,

I sent you an email a few moments ago, we will continue this by email as it sounds like a solitary case and we will need to try a few things specific to the configuration of your PC.

Thanks,

Florin

This discussion has been closed.