Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

No Install Options

Options

I have Internet security 2009 but why can't I choose which options to install? I'm having trouble with the BD firewall which messes up my network connections so I just want to be able to skip that during installation. I get all these extra additions when I go to my network properties and I don't want them installed.

I've now downloaded a trial of anti virus 2009 and that doesn't install them so I guess I'd better go with that program. But I can't use my reg key because it says it's for a different product...

Is there any way I can choose not to install the Bitdefender firewall when installing Internet Security 2009?

Comments

• Unknown
    edited February 2009
    Options

Unfortunately there isn't any way to do a custom install for version 2009 so as to install only certain modules of the package. If you want to stick with Antivirus 2009 please let me know and I'll contact customer service in order to exchange your key.

• Hi there is a simple solution to your problem just buy bd anti virus not the total Internet security 2009 package as it does not have the firewall. And yes you would have to learn how to allow diffrent pc's on the network to have access through the firewall as after all thats what its intended to do stop unwanted traffic.

Hammey

• flandrei
    flandrei Bitdefender VPN Product Manager BD Staff
    edited February 2009
    Options

Hi there,

If you want to keep the current product, in case you decide to keep the Firewall for later use, I can provide a method that will completely disable the Firewall. It will be completely inefective.

Thanks,

Florin

• Thanks for the replies.

Hammey, I bought a 3 year license 2 years ago and it automatically got upgraded to Internet Security 2009 so it seems I have to ask for a downgrade as Diana suggested :)

I know how the BD firewall works but I'm getting very unstable network performance in Vista x64 when it's installed.

I was copying 10GB to my NAS yesterday and it constantly kept crashing halfway through the copying process. I've tried several times but it just wouldn't work. Then I uninstalled Internet security and everything was fine again. My overall network performance has become very unstable since v2009. 2008 was no problem.

So Florin, I would be happy to hear from you how to disable it (and that other feature as well, the one which installs a network driver or something like that). But I would like to know if it actually uninstalls these components or just disables them?

• flandrei
    Options

Hi there,

The procedure will uninstall the Firewall, so you should not encounter the issues you mentioned. You will need to go to Start->Control Panel->Network and Sharing Center. Here doubleclick on your LAN. Go to Properties and select the BitDefender Firewall NDIS Filter. Click the Uninstall button and then YES. After that reboot the PC, and that's about it.

Thanks,

Florin

• Thanks!

I will try that. I just remembered that I would lose the spam filter if I downgrade to AV 2009 so this would be a better solution.

I really hope we get to choose which options to install with the next version again.

• flandrei
    Options

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback, we will strongly consider it for the next version.

Thanks,

Florin

• Nisei
    Options

Florin, I was going to do what you suggested but when uninstalling Anti Virus and installing Internet Security again I noticed that during the install procedure Vista asked me permission to install BitDefender network drivers twice. I just clicked "No" and when the install had completed the firewall wasn't installed. So that's the easiest way to not install the firewall option.