Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Toolbar In Windows Mail

Options

Although the BitDefender tool bar works well in my Outlook program, it does not show in my Windows Mail program.

Is there a switch or something I need to enact to keep this tool bar active in Windows Mail. (Vista)

Thanks

Comments

• Hello!

Is your Vista a 32bit or a 64bit version?

You mention that the toolbar works with Outlook. Is this Outlook on the same system as the Windows Mail?

• Thanks -

Vista is the 32 bit versioin, and

Outlook is on the same system - same user.

There are two users on the system - one has both Outlook and Windows Mail and the other has only Windows Mail. The same situation applies to both users as it relates to Windows Mail.

Hello!

Is your Vista a 32bit or a 64bit version?

You mention that the toolbar works with Outlook. Is this Outlook on the same system as the Windows Mail?

• As far as I know the toolbar only works with Outlook (Express).

I've never seen it in Windows Mail and now I'm using Windows Live Mail and it's not there either.

It would be nice to have the toolbar in those programs as well.

• As far as I know the toolbar only works with Outlook (Express).

I've never seen it in Windows Mail and now I'm using Windows Live Mail and it's not there either.

It would be nice to have the toolbar in those programs as well.

Hello,

I run Vista SP1 and Windows Mail ... and I have the BD2009 tool bar available.

From time to time the Tool Bar is not present and comes back... in my opinion this occurs when BDIS2009 is updating.

Have a nice day

• hew2nd
    Options

Can anybody help with this?

Thanks.

• cbeiu
    Options

Just to clarify, the BitDefender Antispam toolbar should work with Windows Mail, however this toolbar (for Outlook Express and Windows Mail) is available only for 32bit systems.

Can anybody help with this?

Thanks.

We should collect some debug data regarding the .dll responsible for the toolbar in Outlook Express / Windows Mail (bdoe.dll); I will reply tomorrow with a detailed procedure.

• hew2nd
    Options

Yes, My Vista program is 32 bit.

Just to clarify, the BitDefender Antispam toolbar should work with Windows Mail, however this toolbar (for Outlook Express and Windows Mail) is available only for 32bit systems.

We should collect some debug data regarding the .dll responsible for the toolbar in Outlook Express / Windows Mail (bdoe.dll); I will reply tomorrow with a detailed procedure.

• cbeiu
    Options

@hew2nd: I have created a ticket for this issues and sent you an email with further instructions (the ticket id is: 200903041010195).

For now I cannot post this troubleshooting procedure on the forums (I will probably have a forum safe procedure at the beginning of the next week). For now, everyone else experiencing this situation feel free to drop me a PM and I will reply with the procedure.

• cbeiu
    Options

Now we have a safe procedure to debug the bdoe.dll component.

If the BitDefender toolbar does not load in Outlook Express or Windows Mail we will need to analyze a debug log that can be generated as follows:

1. Stop the BitDefender service using the vsserv patch:

- run patch_vsserv_trace.exe;

- choose: Next button, Stop radio box, Next button, (wait), Finish button;

2. Change registry to debug the toolbar by applying the registry patch:

- double click bdoe.trace.reg;

- confirm if you get a warning message;

3. Start DebugView:

- extract the content of the package DebugView.zip;

- run Dbgview.exe;

5. Start the BitDefender service using the vsserv patch:

- choose: Next button, Start radio box, Next button, (wait), Finish button;

6. Start Outlook Express or Windows Mail and wait a while;

7. Save the DebugView log and close the application:

- switch to the DebugView window and click Save (Ctrl+S);

- save the log to a location of your choice;

- close DebugView;

8. Stop the BitDefender service using the vsserv patch:

- choose: Next button, Stop radio box, Next button, (wait), Finish button;

9. Change registry to stop debug of the toolbar by applying the registry patch:

- double click bdoe.trace.disable.reg;

- confirm if you get a warning message;

10. Start the BitDefender service using the vsserv patch:

- choose: Next button, Start radio box, Next button, (wait), Finish button.

---

You can reply to this threat with the .LOG attached and an explanation of the situation you are experiencing + the following information:

- what operating system you have (and if it's 32 or 64 bit)

- what email client you are using

- does the user have administrative rights

NOTE! This only applies for Outlook Express and Windows Mail.

• mickj
    Options

Hello

Can I just clarify that because I am using 64bit vista and windows mail then Bitdefender Ttoal Security 2009 will NOT integrate with Windows mail and I cannot use the antispam tool bar.

Thanks

• cbeiu
    Options
    @mickj: If you are using a 64 bit Windows and Windows Mail/Outlook Express you won't have a BitDefender Antispam Toolbar (however the antispam functionality is still present and you can control it from BitDefender advanced view).