Virus Service Stopped Or Disabled

When I try to configure the antispam I get this error message box about services being stopped.

I check the Win XP service for the BitDefender AntiSpam and it is running.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Bit Defender with the same results. Anyone with ideas?

Comments

• flandrei
    flandrei Bitdefender VPN Product Manager BD Staff

Hi there,

I would need to know a few more details before passing the solution:

1. What build is your BitDefender product? Rightclick on the tray icon and select About.

2. What email client are you using?

3. Thread count for vsserv.exe process. Open Task Manager, go to View->Select Columns and check Threads.

4. Version of these files bdo.dll, bdtb.dll and bdoe.dll. They are located in C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2009. You need to rightclick on each file and select Properties->Version->File Version.

5. Screenshot of the message.

Thanks,

Florin

• Hi there,

I would need to know a few more details before passing the solution:

1. What build is your BitDefender product? Rightclick on the tray icon and select About.

2. What email client are you using?

3. Thread count for vsserv.exe process. Open Task Manager, go to View->Select Columns and check Threads.

4. Version of these files bdo.dll, bdtb.dll and bdoe.dll. They are located in C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2009. You need to rightclick on each file and select Properties->Version->File Version.

5. Screenshot of the message.

Thanks,

Florin

Florin,

The answers to your questions are:

1) the build is BitDefender 2009 - Build 12.0.11.5

2) I am using MS Outlook Express for the mail client

3) The vsserv.exe process has a thread count of "58"

4) bdo.dll = ver. 12.0.11.34; bdtb.dll = ver. 12.0.11.25; bdoe.dll = ver. 12.0.11.13

I hope this helps.

Regards ...