Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Forum Censorship

Options

"We took all necessary information from the old forum layout (so no worries here), however we are at the beginning of having the Technical Support team involved in the forum's life.

Nevertheless we will put the feedback we receive to good use"

This is an exert from a recent posting that has been "closed".

I am fairly new to this forum but since BD Support recently took "ownership" of the site I have never seen so many "closed" postings. While Support indicate that they are addressing some of these postings directly with the member, why does that preclude other members adding their comments/experience to the particular problems raised?

Comments

• Unknown
    edited February 2009
    Options

From a topic management perspective it is easier for us to close the topics after a certain amount of time passes after the last post. We believe that keeping the forum fresh is better for all of us; by that I mean that we prefer having more topics on one subject rather than one huge topic that at certain point in time is hard to manage from the support perspective.

We, the support team, took ownership of the forum with helping our visitors as much as we can, here, on-site. However, in order to be able to do that we need to refer to the forum in a similar way to a ticketing system (of course, not completely similar, however up to a certain point).

We feel that this is one way we can help each other best. Do you consider otherwise?

Quick edit: we will not close topics without answering them up to the final point where we can take them.

• Thank you for clarifying the matter Valentin

Regards, peter

• Thank you for clarifying the matter Valentin

Regards, peter

Anytime. :rolleyes:

• renegade04
    edited March 2009
    Options
    We, the support team, took ownership of the forum with helping our visitors as much as we can, here, on-site.

Thank god for that.

I was going to scratch Bitdefender from my list for a long time.

Now, you are giving me some hope.

Although reading from previous forum was not so bright, this is promising.

I especially emphasize the BitDefender (Av) 2009 version an the millions little problems that it had.

Is good that support time is involved in forum and discussions and offering real and fast solutions.