Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Antivirus V10 Upgrade?

Options

I've been looking around the site trying to figure what upgrade options I have for my v10 antivirus.

I still have several months left on my two year subscription. One post suggests upgrading to BD AV 2008. Yet I see users of BD AV 2008 being told to upgrade to BD AV 2009. So I'm somewhat confused.

The other question that comes to mind is that is there any advantage to upgrade with subscription renewal? or simply buy the latest version from a box store (such as bestbuy) when it goes on sale?

Appreciate any advise. TIA.

---Gene

Comments

• I've been looking around the site trying to figure what upgrade options I have for my v10 antivirus.

I still have several months left on my two year subscription. One post suggests upgrading to BD AV 2008. Yet I see users of BD AV 2008 being told to upgrade to BD AV 2009. So I'm somewhat confused.

The other question that comes to mind is that is there any advantage to upgrade with subscription renewal? or simply buy the latest version from a box store (such as bestbuy) when it goes on sale?

Appreciate any advise. TIA.

---Gene

You can upgrade free of charge, for the remaining time of your subscription to the latest version available (2009). Besides the novelty of the product (new features, usability improvements or any other advantages) what would you be interested in?

• ghealy
    Options
    You can upgrade free of charge, for the remaining time of your subscription to the latest version available (2009). Besides the novelty of the product (new features, usability improvements or any other advantages) what would you be interested in?

Thanks for the quick reply. I did upgrade to BD AV 2009. Took several reboots but all appears to be working well.

I need to investigate what's new in version 2009 compared to v10 to better understand what new features, usability improvements or other advantages there are in the newer version before I could answer what else I would be interested in. Any qustions I have in that regard I'll post in the appropriate forum.

Again thanks for your help.

• dw2108
    edited March 2009
    Options

I bought BD 10 because it's great for my older PCs. With 400 MHz and 600 MHz processors, would it be wise to attempt an upgrade to 2008/9? Are there certain features that can be switched off so that 2008 or 2009 would work well on "neolithic era" PCs? All are very good AVs -- even the good ole free AV!

Thanks,

Dave

• I bought BD 10 because it's great for my older PCs. With 400 MHz and 600 MHz processors, would it be wise to attempt an upgrade to 2008/9? Are there certain features that can be switched off so that 2008 or 2009 would work well on "neolithic era" PCs? All are very good AVs -- even the good ole free AV!

Thanks,

Dave

How much RAM do you have? What OS do you use?

• dw2108
    Options

The P3 600 has 512 MB and the P2 400 has 448. Would that work OK?

Thanks,

Dave