Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Real-time Antivirus, Antispam & Antiphishing Mail Protection Is Disabled

Options

In "Basic View - Click on "Settings" then open "Online Security". The line "Real-Time Antivirus, Antispam & Antiphishing Mail Protection" has the status "Disabled". I click on the box, and it becomes "Enabled". But then I close the windows and open it again - Status is "DISABLED" again. Over and over and over.

Comments

• flandrei
    flandrei Bitdefender VPN Product Manager BD Staff
    Options

Hi there,

This issue was aknowledged by the support team, a fix will be released along with the next major update, which will be released late March. Please note that this is just a display issue, the modules are in fact enabled, you can check this in the Advanced View.

Thanks,

Florin

• Hi there,

This issue was aknowledged by the support team, a fix will be released along with the next major update, which will be released late March. Please note that this is just a display issue, the modules are in fact enabled, you can check this in the Advanced View.

Thanks,

Florin

Thanks. Good news

• Hi there,

Thanks,

Florin

Hi Florin,

First i want to congratulate you and Bitdefender for you new forum.

It's good that Bitdefender finally realized that their previous forum "sucked" and there was virtually no response to topics whatsoever for the people that where waiting.

The touch and the communication between the users and the company, in this case BD should absolutely be trough forum, as one of the resources, besides e-mail and live support.

This issue was bothering me for a long time and that's why i don't use Bitdefender.

As far as i can recall, last time when i have installed Bitdefender, that module was disabled even in the advanced view.

No matter what i have done that was one of the modules that was disabled.

Is there any chance in future, for installing BD, not to demand previous install of Net framework??

• Hi there,

Thanks,

Florin

Hello Florin -

I just purchased Bitdefender Internet Security 2009; here it is August of 2009, and I'm having the same problem. Has this not been fixed yet? Is there another place to receive the patch that I don't know about? I have been updating regularly yet the same issue is occurring. Please advise.

Thank you,

Fred5000

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Fred5000 ,

In order to solve this issue please follow the steps from the next BitDefender article : http://www.bitdefender.com/KB568 .

Thank you .

• Hello Fred5000 ,

In order to solve this issue please follow the steps from the next BitDefender article : http://www.bitdefender.com/KB568 .

Thank you .

Hello Alex -

Thank you for a prompt response. Unfortunately, that patch did not solve the problem. As ronchicago said in Post #1, the problem is in the Basic View - Settings - Online Security tab. The Real-Time Antivirus, Antispam & Antiphishing Mail Protection remains unchecked, and thus disabled - even after checking it and closing the menu. While it is unchecked, I believe that it does not scan my incoming mail - which renders the product virtually useless. If there is another solution to this issue please let me know.

Thanks

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Fred5000 ,

At this moment , in order to solve this issue, we recommend you to upgrade for free to BitDefender 2010 . Please follow the steps from the next thread and let us know hot the upgrade worked for you .

Thank you .

• Hello Fred5000 ,

At this moment , in order to solve this issue, we recommend you to upgrade for free to BitDefender 2010 . Please follow the steps from the next thread and let us know hot the upgrade worked for you .

Thank you .

I am in the same position, the link provided does not work an longer?

Thx,

Denis

• Hello Fred5000 ,

Thank you .

I am having this issue ever since I installed Bitdefender 2011 one year ago, and now that I have upgraded to 2012. It never worked on the 2011 version. A few weeks ago, I noticed the antiphishing toolbar tab on my browser. It remained for about a week, and then it disappeared. Now every time I check the "antiphishing toolbar for Mozilla" button, it disables when I close the box. I am running in expert view.

Any solution for this?

Thanks.

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

There is a solution for that.

As the new Bitdefender 2012 product suite was released, we would like to inform you that you benefit from a FREE upgrade to the latest version.

Apart from the fact that the 2012 suite brings lots of new features and improvements, it will most likely solve any issues that you may have encountered with your previous Bitdefender product.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=130&id=42

Thank you.

• Hello :)

There is a solution for that.

As the new Bitdefender 2012 product suite was released, we would like to inform you that you benefit from a FREE upgrade to the latest version.

Apart from the fact that the 2012 suite brings lots of new features and improvements, it will most likely solve any issues that you may have encountered with your previous Bitdefender product.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=130&id=42

Thank you.

Oh dear, a form response. As I said in my post, I have Bitdefender 2012. I went through all requisite uninstalling of previous versions. Please provide a solution that makes my antiphishing toolbar work.

Thank you.

• rootkit
    Options

Hello

You mentioned that you are running in "expert view". That mode is specific for Bitdefender 2011. Please follow the steps from that article and upgrade to 2012 and the toolbar will work in parameters.

Thank you.