Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Vsserv.exe Runtime Error On Log Out Fix

Options

Problem:

Problem message on logout:

"Runtime Error!Probram: C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2009\vsserv.exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

This problem occurs on most logout/restart occasions. BD Support tried a few "delete this and that program incompatibility tests" without success and then disappeared into the ethernet.

System:

Win XP Home Edition Sp3, Webroot Desktop Firewall (free) and BD Antivirus 2009 (v12.0.11.5)

For the information of any users out there that were experiencing my problem I found a fix/tweek that works for me.

In BD Antivirus 2009 I just disabled Privacy Control and Vulnerability and the problem went away.

As I can live without these features I am now happy with how BD is working AT THE MOMENT and hopefully this will be my last post (BD Support breaths a sigh lol). If I had the time I might have tested which of these disables did the trick (if not both) but I have now wasted enough of my time on this issue.

My BD settings are now: Antivirus (custom full options); Antiphishing (full options); Update (default options).

According to BD Support this problem was unique to me so I have only posted this in case someone out there was shy. I did notice however quite a few posts about this issue in the BD Antivirus 2008 post section late last year. Some of those users opted to revert to BD 2008 and I am curious if that version had Privacy Control and Vulnerability "modules". Curious but not dying in a ditch :)

Comments

• Thank you for sharing this information, peterc.

• Niels
    Options

Dear peterc,

Try to install visual C++ again. You can download it here. Reboot your pc afterwards and try to enable Privacy Control and Vulnerability again.

Kind regards,

Niels

• peterc
    Options

Thank you for the suggestion Niels but I was not able to fully test it. The Visual C++ download that you referred me to was actually an older version than the one that I had and it screwed up some critical programs such as access to my ISP. I restored my system and all is now as it was. I don't regard the BD modules that I have disabled as critical to me and am happy to have removed the constant and annoying runtime message on log out.

• Niels
    Options

Dear peterc,

Try to remove previous versions of visual c++ by using Windows Install Cleanup Select Microsoft Visual c++ version and press on remove confirm the message. Reboot

This is the latest version and install it.

Kind regards,

Niels