Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How Do I Remove This Virus - Bitdefender Cant!

Options

A scan pick up the virus Win32.Warezov.DN@mm. BitDefender attempted to remove it but couldn't.

The only possible symptom I have is in firefox I get a prompt to allow ****** for http://127.0.0.0:1025.

Can anyone suggest how I can get rid of this beast?

Comments

• A scan pick up the virus Win32.Warezov.DN@mm. BitDefender attempted to remove it but couldn't.

The only possible symptom I have is in firefox I get a prompt to allow ****** for http://127.0.0.0:1025.

Can anyone suggest how I can get rid of this beast?

Ok..for some reason the infected file has a code that will block against anti virus...i also have had this problem with my computer...use bitdefenders log to locate where the file is at....but do not activate the file by accident...the easiest way is to go to the start menu..and under search...hit search for files and foulders..coppy the location that bit defender gave you into the the search bar....once the file is seen by you...right click it..and hit rename...if it lets you..you will be able to rename the file...keep the file name the same..but change the extention..like..say the file is winvirus.dll...change the name to winvirus.AAA...the computer can not recognize the aaa file because there is no such thing...rendering the virus useless....run bit defender again...and it should take care of the problem...hope this works...:D

• Thanks for that. Its in the Thunderbird trash folder in the actual trash file (54megs at the moment) There is another file in that folder called trash.msf so it could be in there. Not sure if renaming a thunderbird system file will stuff thunderbird up. Might have to do the tricky (for me) procedure involving window boot disks etc to remove it but because its in another file not sure if it will work or will the virus replicate itself.

• alexcrist
    Options

Hi hooha,

If the virus is placed in the Thunderbird trash folder, that means the virus is actually an attachment to an e-mail. If this is the case, then it's absolutely normal that BitDefender can't delete the virus, because BD can only open those files (BD can't modify, nor delete files found in them).

Is that the only location where the virus is found?

If yes, then the solution is very simple: open Thunderbird, disable BD Realtime Protection, delete the infected e-mail and re-enable BitDefender. If you don't know which mail has the virus, delete all e-mails in the Trash folder that have an attachment. Be careful not to open an e-mail when BD is turned of!! You'll get infected!.

Also, if the only location of the virus is the Thunderbird Trash folder, then that file can't be executed. You other problem (about the scripts) is not related to this virus.

If the virus is found somewhere else then the Thunderbird Trash folder, then you must be sure that there are no instances of the virus running before trying to delete the virus. To do this, open TaskManager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) and kill any process that you don't recognize (don't worry, if they are legit, they'll strat again at next Startup). Then look in BD's logs, see exactly where the virus is, disable BD and manually delete the virus. After that, re-enable BD. Also, be careful not to open infected files while BD is turned off!

Please post if this worked.

Cris.

• Thanks for that Cris

Unfortunately I deleted the contents of my trash before I read your post, so cant do what you say. The virus still shows up in that folder with a scan although its empty. I have hidden files set as visible. Properties show the folder is empty.

• vlad
    Options

Please post the segment of the scan log where the full path to the virus appears.