Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Xbox 360 Firewall Connection

Options

BD forum have now stopped anyone replying to an old thread which pointed the way to connect your XBOX360 to your PC without BD getting in the way.

HERE'S THE LINK TO THE OLD TOPIC THREAD

Also attached - THE PICTURE SHOWING THE SETTINGS THAT I USED TO GET IT TO WORK

BEFORE you play with your BD settings - disable the BD firewall and try to connect - if it doesn't work then it's unlikely to be BD causing the problem.

Anyway, on the attached picture, in the top box you can set your Network Config > Adapter > LAN to "SAFE" or "TRUSTED LOCAL" and if necessary (i.e. if it still hasn't worked) you also can select LAN in the bottom box, click on the plus symbol (over on the right) and select the IP of your XBOX and choose to explicitly allow it (NB. the XBOX only shows up when it's turned on and connected to the network).

Make sure than when you try to connect your XBOX to your PC click allow on any BD pop-ups that appear on the PC. Also, check your RULES tab to see if there's anything related to MCE/XBOX that's being blocked. If you're not sure check this Microsoft article.

Mine's worked fine for ages now so it is possible.

===============================

ONE OTHER THING - if you use your XBOX360 as a media centre extender, I often found that the XBOX would lock up if left on pause for more than 5-10 minutes. It seems that setting up a new/second XBOX360 connection to the PC resolves this problem and it no longer crashes!

ONE FINAL THING - When attempting to add a new XBOX 360 using "Media Center Extender Manager" it may tell you that "There is a problem with the installation of Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005. Uninstall the update to Media Center Edition 2005 and then re-install the update from the Windows Update website. Then run Media Center Extender setup again."

THIS HAPPENS WITH XP SP3. This guy solved it for me

===============================

HOPE ALL THAT HELPS |3