Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Registration Window At Start Up

Options

hello, been using the trial of bit defender game safe, every time i rebooted the registration wizard opened. i just bought the game and registered my new code, and i still get the registration window after i re-boot (please tell me this is not normal) went through the wizard a few times it kept telling me i was registered, 365 days remaining but didnt seem to remember.

downloaded reinstalled same problem, am i doing something wrong?

thanks.

Comments

• hello, been using the trial of bit defender game safe, every time i rebooted the registration wizard opened. i just bought the game and registered my new code, and i still get the registration window after i re-boot (please tell me this is not normal) went through the wizard a few times it kept telling me i was registered, 365 days remaining but didnt seem to remember.

thanks.

sorry found the sticky

• hello, been using the trial of bit defender game safe, every time i rebooted the registration wizard opened. i just bought the game and registered my new code, and i still get the registration window after i re-boot (please tell me this is not normal) went through the wizard a few times it kept telling me i was registered, 365 days remaining but didnt seem to remember.

thanks.

Hello!

We want to see what is the exact issue, so we would like a screen shot of the register option in BitDefender, and also of the error message (if you receive one):

1. When the window is on the screen please press the "PrintScreen" key ("PrintScreen" is located at the top of the keyboard, at right).

2. Open a graphic editing application (We recommend using the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation (Start > Program > Accessories > Paint)

3. Paste the picture in a new Paint document;

4. Save the file in JPEG format

thank you!

• it's fixed now so i cant? i searched the forum and deleted the wizard from regedit. there were no eroor messages it just launched the registration window everytime i started the pc.

nothing to see out the ordinary just the normal registration pop up asking if you want to use current code or register.

• making a mess of this!

• stratoc
    edited March 2009
    Options

it still shows the trial for some reason?

ok, update, i started the registration manually, printed screen then uploaded the jpeg file (don't know where it's gone?) i noticed the window still had my trial, it said expires in 89 days?. i clicked register, input my new license finished off rebooted and all seems ok. maybe my new code (purchaes of line from digital river want recognised yesterday?.

anyway seems like a fantasticly light program, what i have looked for and not quite found for many years. well done:)

• it still shows the trial for some reason?

In this case, a screen shot with the register option would be very useful. Also, what happens exactly when you try to register with your license key now?

If you do not wish to send the information on the forum, you can contact us directly and send us the screen shot:

https://myaccount.bitdefender.com/site/MyAc...contactEmail/1/

:rolleyes:

thank you

• it seems ok now its showing my years subscription after a reboot. sorry for stupid questiong but i tried to post screen shot and it didnt work?

i saved the jpeg. press the 'add reply' button clicked the browse, found my pic, pressed upload. typed the above message and nothing is there only the message, what did i do wrong?

• it seems ok now its showing my years subscription after a reboot. sorry for stupid questiong but i tried to post screen shot and it didnt work?

i saved the jpeg. press the 'add reply' button clicked the browse, found my pic, pressed upload. typed the above message and nothing is there only the message, what did i do wrong?

Usually this is the way it works, but if your expiry date is displayed correctly, that means that your software is registered correctly :rolleyes:

Anyhow, if you want to send us the screen shot, you can still do it trough the support link provided.

• yes it took 1st time today, i tried many times yesterday, including a re-install. never mind, working ok now thanks for the help.

• yes it took 1st time today, i tried many times yesterday, including a re-install. never mind, working ok now thanks for the help.

I'm glad it is working ok now :rolleyes:

• i had a good 4 days with this program, then had a series of critical errors, things went from bad to worse. i un- installed the program ran the removal tool. re- installed and got this same problem with the register window popping up after every re-boot, then got another bd critical error. so have given up. i contacted suuport but no reply, i then contacted support for a refund.. no reply.

this program clearly needs an awful amount of work i have had less grief from alpha programs.

this is on a week old clean vista install with just defender and windows firewall as the only other programs installed, keep my money keep your program.

but thanks for trying to help here on the forum.

• and still no reply from support....... 30 day money back is a lie people,as is the free helpine. get a proper av program to keep robbing junk like bit defender from your systems.

• and still no reply from support....... 30 day money back is a lie people,as is the free helpine. get a proper av program to keep robbing junk like bit defender from your systems.

Hey Stratoc :),

We have contacted you via email, your ticket number is:200903281004511 , please reply to it.

Thank you!

• thank you and sorry for the rant i had given up on a reply.

• thank you and sorry for the rant i had given up on a reply.

You are most welcome :)

• still heard nothing except the email asking for my problem again. will put this down as experience.......... a bad one.