Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

New User Requires Help

Options

After some research, (this forum notwithstanding) I was convinced BitDefender was the superior product to replace my expiring protection. Now I'm attempting to work on a computer that takes as long as 45 seconds to move from one page to the next!! The first joke ... not so funny ... is that when I access BitDefender from the desktop, the first thing I see on the bd window is "Will not slow down your computer"

I contacted bd support and received an automated response that I would hear back from them within 48 hours. Next joke ...not funny...the same bd window mentioned above says "Free 24/7 technical support"

So now I'm here, looking for suggestions...and wondering if I should uninstall and go elsewhere for protection.

Comments

• Please tell me what BitDefender product (Antivirus, Total Security or Internet Security) do you have and what other security solutions (Antispyware/Adware/Antivirus/Firewall) did you previously have before installing BitDefender and how did you uninstall them?

Also, does this slowdown occur only when browsing(as to affect only the Internet connection) or is the entire speed of the PC affected since installing BitDefender? Does this slowdown immediately after boot-up or does it develop as you are using the machine?

• Please tell me what BitDefender product (Antivirus, Total Security or Internet Security) do you have and what other security solutions (Antispyware/Adware/Antivirus/Firewall) did you previously have before installing BitDefender and how did you uninstall them?

Also, does this slowdown occur only when browsing(as to affect only the Internet connection) or is the entire speed of the PC affected since installing BitDefender? Does this slowdown immediately after boot-up or does it develop as you are using the machine?

I purchased Total Security 2009. I previously had McAfee, which was uninstalled via the Control Panel. I also have Buddy Spy, Spybot, and Spyware Dr., which I'm sure is overkill, and can uninstall them, but never had this slow problem before.

As far as the slowdown goes, it affects the entire speed of the PC only since installing BD, and affects boot-up, as well. It took 5 minutes to boot.

I just spoke to my husband (who did the installation) and found out he did the install from the CD, rather than from the download link in the instructions (!!!!!!!????)

I had to stop my very first scan after 18 hours and only 45,000 files.

So...should I uninstall BD and reinstall from the link? And should I uninstall the other security products?

Thanks so much for your response!

• Please try to temporarily uninstall Spybot and Spyware Dr(BitDefender has a real time antispyware scan engine that could conflict with these applications) then uninstall BitDefender using this uninstall tool . I would recommend reinstalling BitDefender using the link from the website because you'll have the latest built with BitDefender from the initial install like this. Here is the link for the 32 bits Total Security 2009

• Please try to temporarily uninstall Spybot and Spyware Dr(BitDefender has a real time antispyware scan engine that could conflict with these applications) then uninstall BitDefender using this uninstall tool . I would recommend reinstalling BitDefender using the link from the website because you'll have the latest built with BitDefender from the initial install like this. Here is the link for the 32 bits Total Security 2009

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! I'll run the initial scan now and see how long it takes...probably not 18 hours!! But everything is up to speed now. I really appreciate your help. I'm a happy camper again!

• I'm glad to hear that things are OK again :D

This discussion has been closed.