Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

License Support Problems?

Options

Hi everyone, I am new to the forums but have been using BitDefender AV Plus v10 for about 2 years now. I decided to extend my renewal of the aforementioned product but this is where my problems started. I have sent email after email (with no reply), tried to chat one day on 5 different occasions and eventually got through today. I was advised to buy Internet Security 2009 because my product wasn't listed and was told that my license would be extended. I'm still waiting. My question is, has anyone else had a similar problem or is it just me that seems to conclude that I just can't get my problem sorted? Also, why is there no link to either a management or complaints department email? I won't upgrade because I tried Internet Security 2009 and had nothing but problems. I went back to AV Plus v10 and have had NO problems. I think BD is great but support and sales support leave a lot to be desired. Am I alone here?

Dave.

P.S. I bought a license for 180 users for my work ... this may change!

Comments

• Hi everyone, I am new to the forums but have been using BitDefender AV Plus v10 for about 2 years now. I decided to extend my renewal of the aforementioned product but this is where my problems started. I have sent email after email (with no reply), tried to chat one day on 5 different occasions and eventually got through today. I was advised to buy Internet Security 2009 because my product wasn't listed and was told that my license would be extended. I'm still waiting. My question is, has anyone else had a similar problem or is it just me that seems to conclude that I just can't get my problem sorted? Also, why is there no link to either a management or complaints department email? I won't upgrade because I tried Internet Security 2009 and had nothing but problems. I went back to AV Plus v10 and have had NO problems. I think BD is great but support and sales support leave a lot to be desired. Am I alone here?

Dave.

P.S. I bought a license for 180 users for my work ... this may change!

Hello Dave,

We would like you to know that BitDefender Internet Security 2009 is the latest version of your product and we highly recommend you to use it for its improved modules and benefits.

However, for the customers who would like to keep a previous version, like BitDefender Antivirus Plus, we can exchange their license key in order to register the product.

As I can see in ticket ID:200903111013988, your license key has already been extended. :)

• Dave_W
    Options
    Hello Dave,

We would like you to know that BitDefender Internet Security 2009 is the latest version of your product and we highly recommend you to use it for its improved modules and benefits.

However, for the customers who would like to keep a previous version, like BitDefender Antivirus Plus, we can exchange their license key in order to register the product.

As I can see in ticket ID:200903111013988, your license key has already been extended. :)

Hi yes, I notice it's finally been done. It only took about 4 emails (one finally answered this morning), 5 unsuccessful chat sessions, 2 successful chat sessions and this post. As for upgrading, I won't be doing that yet. I tried Internet Security 2009 when the new version came out as per BD's recommendation but I had problem after problem. One main problem I had is that I use VMWare Workstation and I just couldn't get the network part of Internet Security 2009 to work with my VMWare networks. If they have addressed this issue then I may consider upgrading. There were also other issues. I will stick with AV Plus v10, I have no problems with it and it's served me well for about 2 years now. Many thanks for your reply.

• Unknown
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hi yes, I notice it's finally been done. It only took about 4 emails (one finally answered this morning), 5 unsuccessful chat sessions, 2 successful chat sessions and this post. As for upgrading, I won't be doing that yet. I tried Internet Security 2009 when the new version came out as per BD's recommendation but I had problem after problem. One main problem I had is that I use VMWare Workstation and I just couldn't get the network part of Internet Security 2009 to work with my VMWare networks. If they have addressed this issue then I may consider upgrading. There were also other issues. I will stick with AV Plus v10, I have no problems with it and it's served me well for about 2 years now. Many thanks for your reply.

Hey again,Dave :)

We understand the 2009 version did not work for you. However, if you wish, you can check up new versions of BitDefender on our website www.bitdefender.com

We are more than happy that we could help you with your license key.

• Dave_W
    Options
    Hey again,Dave :)

We understand the 2009 version did not work for you. However, if you wish, you can check up new versions of BitDefender on our website www.bitdefender.com

We are more than happy that we could help you with your license key.

All sorted now, thanks.

• All sorted now, thanks.

It was our pleasure,Dave.:)

If you need our assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to send us your request using :https://myaccount.bitdefender.com/site/MyAc...contactEmail/1/ .