Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can't Open Email Attachments

Options

I recently installed BDIS 2009 and ever since haven't been able to open any email attachments - pictures, word documents, videos, etc.

When I click on the attachment, a new window opens up that says, "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage."

And all my old email attachments that I opened up just fine before cannot be viewed now.

I run XP and IE7 and do not use an email client.

Comments

• I recently installed BDIS 2009 and ever since haven't been able to open any email attachments - pictures, word documents, videos, etc.

When I click on the attachment, a new window opens up that says, "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage."

And all my old email attachments that I opened up just fine before cannot be viewed now.

I run XP and IE7 and do not use an email client.

You should try adding the mail domain to your trusted sites under Tools>Internet options > Security

• dec
    Options

Please help : i can't open my mail attachement since i instaled bitdefender internet security 2009.But if i remove bitdefender everythink is ok and i can download.

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello,

What mail server do you use, and what type is it (web-based or local mail client)?

Cris.

• dec
    Options

Yahoo.com is my mail server.

• alexcrist
    Options

Try to disable Scan Yahoo Messenger traffic in the Realtime Antivirus settings and see if it works like that.

Cris.

• Try to disable Scan Yahoo Messenger traffic in the Realtime Antivirus settings and see if it works like that.

Cris.

I use Comcast and am still having the problem of not being able to open attachments in my email since installing BDIS 2009. Also pictures embedded in my emails show up with the red X's.

If I open my email with another computer in the household (no BD) I have no problem.

Please help!

• Following up on Cris's suggestion, try disabling in Antivirus - Custom Level the options "Scan windows live messenger traffic" "Scan yahoo messenger traffic" and also "Scan http traffic". Please make sure that Parental Control is disabled for your user and disable Privacy Control as well. Now test if you can download attachments.

If not, please try disabling the Antivirus module in BitDefender by unchecking "Real time protection is enabled" then test if the issue reoccurs. Please tell me what results you have.

• Following up on Cris's suggestion, try disabling in Antivirus - Custom Level the options "Scan windows live messenger traffic" "Scan yahoo messenger traffic" and also "Scan http traffic". Please make sure that Parental Control is disabled for your user and disable Privacy Control as well. Now test if you can download attachments.

If not, please try disabling the Antivirus module in BitDefender by unchecking "Real time protection is enabled" then test if the issue reoccurs. Please tell me what results you have.

Diana~

Thank you, it worked!!

I unclicked the 3 scans you suggested - http traffic, windows live messenger, and yahoo messenger. My Parental Control was already disabled but I left my Privacy Control on just as a test. I also played around with unclicking different combinations of the 3 you suggested disabling and those 3 definitely need to be disabled. I never undid my Privacy Control because every thing worked after disabling those 3 scans.

I am now able to open email attachments and those dreaded red X's in the body of my emails are gone! Thank you so much for your help.

• andreim4
    edited June 2009
    Options

hello

i did all of the above and didn't work.

i don't know for what reason i am able to download only pps files. pdf jpg it doesn't download.

the 2009 version it's the worst one ever

i use a software from dlink called dlink dview cam and with 2009 bdis i have no image. i use this software for surveilance.

there are other issues that i have with bdis 2009 but i don't remember now.

• Unknown
    Options

Hello andreim4,

Try to see if you can download .pdf attachments with the Real Time Protection in the Antivirus module of BitDefender disabled.

Thank you!

• Hi,

I can't open my e-mail attachments anymore. I read about disabling some things on another post. Where do you locate parental control? I disabled the yahoo messenger and windows live traffic, but still couldn't open anything. Any suggestions? thanks

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello momoftwo,

Please try the following steps :

1. Open BitDefender and SWITCH TO ADVANCED VIEW;

2. Select the Antivirus module on the left and go to the "Shield" tab;

3. Click on the Custom Level button;

4. Make sure the following items are NOT checked:

- Scan http traffic

- Scan Yahoo Messenger traffic

- Scan Windows Live Messenger traffic

5. Click on the "OK" button in apply the changes.

If you have BitDefender Antivirus 2009 , you will not see the Parental Control feature , because this module is not implemented in this version of BitDefender . If you have the other 2 versions of our program , you can find the Parental Control module in the BitDefender Advanced View . Disable it and look if you have the same issues .

Thank you .