I Can´t Scan Deep And Full Scan

Hi, I purchased BitDefender Antivirus 2009 a while back, and initially, it worked fine. But now I've noticed I can't run a scan at all. No deep scans, no quick scans, nothing. I've restarted my computer and tried again, but it still won't scan. Everything else works fine (as far as I can tell, at least). Not really giving me any problems otherwise. Any suggestions?

// Niclas

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited March 2009

Does it give an error message ?

Or just doesn't want to start the scan ?

• Does it give an error message ?

Or just doesn't want to start the scan ?

it doesn´t start the scan.

• it doesn´t start the scan.

Same problem here, any solution?

• Same problem here, any solution?

It is happening to 3 of my clients as well. We are about to abandon BD if this continues - I have over 100 clients using BD and require a resolution to this issue in fairness to my clients :wacko:

• delafang
    edited April 2009

Hi there,

Is the status like discribed below?

In Advanced View > Antivirus tab > Virus Scan section, there is nothing in the "System Task".

If it is, then it means your "tasks_system.xml" is dead. That's why you cannot run Deep/Full/Quick scan tasks.

• Hi there,

Is the status like discribed below?

In Advanced View > Antivirus tab > Virus Scan section, there is nothing in the "System Task".

If it is, then it means your "tasks_system.xml" is dead. That's why you cannot run Deep/Full/Quick scan tasks.

Hay, nice..... NOT <_<

How about providing a solution/fix?

• Hi, I purchased BitDefender Antivirus 2009 a while back, and initially, it worked fine. But now I've noticed I can't run a scan at all. No deep scans, no quick scans, nothing. I've restarted my computer and tried again, but it still won't scan. Everything else works fine (as far as I can tell, at least). Not really giving me any problems otherwise. Any suggestions?

// Niclas

I have the Exact same problem .Had it 2 times already Just did a clean install of my vista last month all was well now i see have the Problem again.

Please is there a way how to fix this problem.

ps I have got 171 days left and been using BD for 3 years :

• It seems a lot of us are having the same identical problem and no help at all from BD. All was fine until some updates in the past few weeks seem to have caused all the problems.

• I made a topic about this about 3 days ago.

No reply though.

And yes, there's nothing in the System Task as described above. Is there a solution to this problem?

• Hi,

my System Tasks also disappeared some weeks ago. But i added few own tasks.

So I guess thats the only solution atm. Just click Add Task and add how many tasks u want with parameters u want.

Regards, zbe

• Hi,

my System Tasks also disappeared some weeks ago. But i added few own tasks.

So I guess thats the only solution atm. Just click Add Task and add how many tasks u want with parameters u want.

Regards, zbe

Hi,

That's it!

I'm added some tasks, they appear now in the "User Tasks" panel, and now I'm can scan my PC.

Thank you!

• I reinstalld bit and 4 days later had the Same problem.

I have licence for 3 PC`s and 166 days left All showing Problems.

Getting Tired Now .

After3 Years with Bit and now to many problems MIGHT have to look elsware

for an Antivirus that Works

• IM having the Same problems

• For everybody who encountered this issue, please try the steps listed in this KB article:

http://kb.bitdefender.com/KB547-en--What-t...ot-working.html

• Yes, I tried that and it works! Thanks, Diana! :)

• No, it doesn'twork for me. I am using Windows Vista Home Premium edition SP2 32bit and BDIS2010. I just try the steps listed on that KB article, but i doesn't resolve this problem. Patch for "Scan failed to execute" message --> access denied (UAC was turn off) and still encountered "Scan failed to execute, please review the previous operation and try again". Anyone can help?

• Hello Ianwork,

We have created you an email ticket and sent you the instructions that will help you send us back some reports that we need to look on. We are looking forward to your reply .

Thank you .

• Hello Ianwork,

We have created you an email ticket and sent you the instructions that will help you send us back some reports that we need to look on. We are looking forward to your reply .

Thank you .

I was replied with all of your instructions and hope you can resolve this problem ASAP.

• Halueth
    edited December 2009

Sorry to disturbing again.

I have the same problem again, before, the virus scan problem fixed with the instruction above. Yet, I got the problem back just now after I got some update that must have a restart.

I try the instruction again, but it didn't give the same result as before, i still cannot scan my computer. It happen to the update on 11:00 PM December 22, 2009.

It show box that telling "scan failed to execute", I hope i can get solution...