Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Rtmp And Rtmpt Protocol And Bitdefender Firewall

Options

I've been trying to get NPR's streams but while it loads the window, the sound doesn't start. Reading the help files, it says the following:

A player window opens, but the audio doesn’t start. What should I do?

You may need to change your firewall settings to permit the NPR Media Player to stream by allowing access to the proper ports and protocols. (Please consult your network administrator or service provider). This may be the case, even if you are able to use audio or video on other sites, because different sites may deliver their media using different streaming methods.

What are the specific ports and protocols that the NPR Media Player uses?

The NPR Media Player attempts to connect to our servers over a variety of port/protocol combinations, and uses the first one that works. It first attempts ports 1935, 80 and 443 over the RTMP protocol, and then it attempts ports 80, 1935 and 443 over the RTMPT protocol. Consult your firewall documentation to allow access to these ports and protocols.

How do I set up the firewall (or see if it's already configured this way) to allow the streams? Thanks for your help.

Comments

• The best way to see if the Firewall needs configuration in order to grant access to the stream is to test by disabling the Firewall in BitDefender - Advanced View - uncheck "Firewall is enabled". Now try to see if NPR Media Player streams correctly.

Please let me know what results you have.

• stingo
    Options
    The best way to see if the Firewall needs configuration in order to grant access to the stream is to test by disabling the Firewall in BitDefender - Advanced View - uncheck "Firewall is enabled". Now try to see if NPR Media Player streams correctly.

Please let me know what results you have.

Well after some testing, I think it's something to do with the hosts mvps file I put in. I'm trying to allow npr related sites, but so far no joy yet. At any rate, I don't think it's a bitdefender issue.