Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can't Click On Menu Buttons

Options

Hi Technical support Please answer my problem

I'm having this problem for a long time. I have Vista Home Premium x64 in a laptop. I installed and registered BD Internet sceurity 2009 (for 3 PCS promotion). I can't open BD Internet Security Menu everytime I click on Desktop BD icon or from taskbar. It doesn't open. When I finally get to open the menu by restarting system or closing "seccentre.exe" (as read from previous threads). The red button where it says Fix this Issue. When I click on it It does not do anything. NO reaction. I tried to click that red button hundred times but IT DOES NOTHING. I am worried beacuse I can't run Scan my computer and look for viruses. I bought your product to fight viruses but I can't. Please DO SOMETHING TO FIX THIS. It's a nonsense. I bought an Antivirus program and I can't check for viruses. :blink:

Comments

• First, please go to the Control Panel and turn off User Account Control. Then go back to BitDefender, click on Advanced View and go to Antivirus -> Virus Scan. Please try to run a scan using this menu and tell me if you were able to launch it.

• fjanos
    Options
    First, please go to the Control Panel and turn off User Account Control. Then go back to BitDefender, click on Advanced View and go to Antivirus -> Virus Scan. Please try to run a scan using this menu and tell me if you were able to launch it.

I did as you told me I went to Control Panel to disable User Account Control then I restarted it, I went back Advanced View and to Antivirus still no reaction. When I pushed the buttons on menu but no answer It doesn't start scan. I went to Advanced View > Antivirus > I pushed the Scan now button but NOTHING HAPPENS. I tried all the buttons but nothing. I read that some other people also have the same problem. When do you try to fix this?

• Please tell me what other security solutions do you have installed on the system besides BitDefender and what version of IE you are running.

• pmurg
    Options

I am having the same problem .. BD Anti virus 2009 with Vista 64 with zone alarm 64 running.. The quick start icons are there but when I click on it ...Nothing Happens.. No scan ,updates or anything.. I try to start it from Programs menu ...Nothing . I have uninstalled 2 times using the tool that you offer on the site. Reinstall , and it does the initial scan then Nothing..

I can right click on the task bar icon and it shows other options but scan will not initiate ..Attached is a pic of the task bar item..

Thanks for any Help in this issue

post-22973-1238540580_thumb.jpg

• @pmurg

Access the Task Manager after attempting to open BitDefender, then end the "seccenter.exe" process and now try to see if you can bring up the dashboard like this.

• pmurg
    Options

I updated and it seems all is well..Everything is working ...

Thanks for your response

• fjanos
    Options
    Please tell me what other security solutions do you have installed on the system besides BitDefender and what version of IE you are running.

Contrary to Diana Bele I still have the same problem. I have no other security solution installed on the system. I even use Bitdefender Firewall as the BD Antivirus program recommended. My IE version is 7.0. Please fix this problem.

• fjanos
    edited April 2009
    Options

I' m still waiting for the fix of this issue please my PC should be full of malware and I can't even push the scan button. Bitdefender ######. I thought it was the antivirus of the year but it is not. Next time I won't buy Bitdefender that's for sure or at least fix this before my license expires.

• Please try to use the steps listed in this article to resolve this issue:

http://kb.bitdefender.com/KB547-en--What-t...ot-working.html

• fjanos
    Options
    Please try to use the steps listed in this article to resolve this issue:

http://kb.bitdefender.com/KB547-en--What-t...ot-working.html

It seems this fix resolves the problem. Thanx

This discussion has been closed.