Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can Not Create A File Vault In Bd 2009

Options

G'Day from Australia (oz)

My first post here and it's great to see the there is a forum for BD (took me a while to track it down)

I have been trying to create a File Vault using BD Internet Security 2009. I have read through all the help files and trolled through this forum but I still don't understand how to create the vault. The help files state that to create the vault I should

"Specify the location and the name of the vault file. Click Browse, select the location of the vault and save the vault file under the desired name"

Sounds basic enough... but where is this "vault file" that the instructions talk about? Or if I actually need to create the “vault file” first before I create an actual vault for my encrypted files how do I create a vault file? Any help would be appreciated

Thanks!

Comments

• In this step of the wizard you are selecting the physical location of the vault on the hard drive and you need to specify a name for the file which will store it. So you create the vault first, select a drive letter and a password for it, then you can go ahead and add files to this newly created vault.

• In this step of the wizard you are selecting the physical location of the vault on the hard drive and you need to specify a name for the file which will store it. So you create the vault first, select a drive letter and a password for it, then you can go ahead and add files to this newly created vault.

Thanks Diana Bele for the instructions and the quick reply!

As usual when it comes to these soughts of things I was just not seeing what it was I was doing wrong, but after a good nights sleep all became clear! Stupid me was directing BD to the location of where I wanted to create the file vault but I was not filling in the field at the bottom of the screen that was asking me what name I wanted to give the vault file! All works now except for a problem with not being able to delete the "recycler" bin from the virtual drive that is now a file vault.

Won’t get into specifics on this thread and will instead start a new topic for the problem, thanks for the help so far Diana!

• You are very welcome :D

This discussion has been closed.