Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Internet Security 2009 And Xp Sp3

Options

Service Pack 3 was installed on my XP computer while BD was active---I immediately lost connection to internet. After some research I found a hotfix on Microsoft website and got it installed while is safe mode. Now I can get on internet but only if firewall is totally disabled---it will not bring up a webpage at any level of firewall. Everything seems to be working fine now but I would prefer to depend upon BD firewall instead of windows firewall. Has anyone come across this problem? Suggestions welcomed.

Comments

• Service Pack 3 was installed on my XP computer while BD was active---I immediately lost connection to internet. After some research I found a hotfix on Microsoft website and got it installed while is safe mode. Now I can get on internet but only if firewall is totally disabled---it will not bring up a webpage at any level of firewall. Everything seems to be working fine now but I would prefer to depend upon BD firewall instead of windows firewall. Has anyone come across this problem? Suggestions welcomed.
    er

I also want to find out how well BD 2009 and SP3 work together, especially since MS is dropping SP2 (which I run) support

• alexcrist
    alexcrist
    edited March 2009
    Options

Hello,

I'm running XP SP3 for a few months now and BitDefender 2009 Total Security has no problem with it. Both Windows and BD work like a charm :)

I don't remember how I made the upgrade to SP3. I know I made it through Windows Update, but I don't know if I disabled BitDefender or not (I tend to say that I didn't disable it, but I'm not sure).

k3bmi: Please try these steps, and post if it worked: http://kb.bitdefender.com/KB391-en--Firewa...vity-issue.html

Ron: Before trying to make such a big upgrade (such SP3), it would be best to disable all security applications, including BitDefender and other 3rd party security solutions. Such an important and big update makes a lot of system-wide changes and any security solution might interfere with the installation process, resulting in corrupted files and problems.

If you fear that you might get infected while installing SP3 if you disable your protection, do this:

- download the offline installer (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en)

- unplug the network cable from your system

- disable security software

- install SP3

- reboot when needed

- enable security software

- plug the network cable

Cris.

• k3bmi
    Options

Thanks for the info Cris....

But the firewall is available. I can enable it, set it to different levels---but I can't get to the internet at all if the firewall is enables (even in game mode). If I totally disable the firewall all is well. This is how I know that firewall is working-it totally blocks me when enabled.

Kat