Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Vulnerability Check Disabled

Options

Tried to reply to other postings on same issue but found them blocked. Am having the same problem as others: am getting the "vulnerability scan is blocked" message but clicking on "fix issue" does not produce any activity. Problem appeared in past week, similar time frame to other posters. Rebooting does not fix problem. Using Vista 64-bit version.

Comments

• We'll need to have a look at some logs from your system in order to determine the cause of this issue. I just sent you an e-mail, please reply to it whenever you have the time.

• We'll need to have a look at some logs from your system in order to determine the cause of this issue. I just sent you an e-mail, please reply to it whenever you have the time.

This may be the same issue, if so just adding some more information.

Once a day or possibly more often i get a yellow exclamation point on the BD icon telling me i have an issue that needs to be fixed.

It is always that the bitdefender vulnerability check is disabled.

If i click fix this issue nothing happens

If i go directly to the vulnerability tab in advanced functions of bitdefender i discover that my vulnerability scan is NOT

disabled but for some reason i am recieving notification that it is.

If i uncheck the box so that it IS disabled and then recheck the box so that it is NOT disabled the warning goes away and everything seems fine.

I can manually scan for vulnerabilities and it tells me everything is good.

My guess is that the automatic scan is not working properly, and even though it is enabled when it tries to make the scan automatically it can not, when the scan fails BD reports that the automatic scan is disabled. When i subsequently disable and then enable the scan BD assumes the issue has been fixed, untill that is, then next time it tries to scan automatically.

i have tried restarting bit defender and the computer neither has fixed the issue.

• just want to add that it definately happens more often then once a day

• TheBigGeeUK
    edited May 2009
    Options

I'm having the exact same problem.

Vulnerability scans does nothing to resolve problem.

Rebooting does nothing to resolve problem.

Manually disabling vulnerability check and restarting does nothing.

Are we anywhere near to finding out why this happens?

• I'm having the exact same problem.

Vulnerability scans does nothing to resolve problem.

Rebooting does nothing to resolve problem.

Manually disabling vulnerability check and restarting does nothing.

Are we anywhere near to finding out why this happens?

I'm having the same issue on one of my computers running bitdefender 2009. My desktop is not experiencing any problems but my notebook had this issue appear sometime overnight, it was there this morning. Anybody know what is going on?

• I'm having the same issue on one of my computers running bitdefender 2009. My desktop is not experiencing any problems but my notebook had this issue appear sometime overnight, it was there this morning. Anybody know what is going on?

I have the same problem, except that rebooting solved the problem two times. What is Venerability Scan and how do I get rid of the bug?

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello IDgeo45,

Vulnerability is a BitDefender module that will check if there are new Windows and application updates needs to be installed on your system . In order to better understand the issues that you are dealing with, please take a screen-shot with the BitDefender window where your attention is required and post it here.

Steps that will help you make a screen-shot:

1. When the window is on you desktop press the PrintScreen key (PrintScreen is located at the top of the keyboard, at right. At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows' clipboard);

2. Open the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation (Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Paint);

3.Paste the picture (Edit -> Paste);

4.Save the file into the JPEG format into a location of your choice and reply to our email with the image attached.

Thank you .

• I'm having this same issue.

• Have we figured this out yet. I too have the same problem.

post-28539-1257058020_thumb.jpg

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Dagger99,

In order to solve this issue, we recommend you to upgrade for free to BitDefender Internet Security 2010 following the instructions from the next article.

Thank you.