Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall Rule Iis

Options

Hi there,

I am trying to add a rule for IIS so that my web server will run.

If I disable the firewall, everything works fine. I cannot figure out what I need to do to enable IIS in the firewall.

Thanks for your help!

-Duder29

Comments

• Just to make sure I understand the issue correctly, are you running an IIS daemon on the machine that will generate outbound traffic or are you trying to access information located on a remote IIS server and the BitDefender Firewall is blocking it?

• Just to make sure I understand the issue correctly, are you running an IIS daemon on the machine that will generate outbound traffic or are you trying to access information located on a remote IIS server and the BitDefender Firewall is blocking it?

Thanks for the reply.

No, it is not an IIS daemon. I am referring to plain old windows IIS. I am hosting a small site on my computer.

Thanks again,

-Duder29

• Let's try creating custom rules for the Firewall to allow this traffic:

BitDefender - Advanced View - Firewall - Rules - click on the "+", you can either create a separate rule for each IIS process that is running on the machine or you can create a rule for the ports used by your IIS server and set them to Allow for both inbound and outbound traffic.

If you don't know the exact ports that are used: enable the Firewall, go to Activity, check the "Increase log verbosity" checkbox and generate some traffic with the IIS server. Then click on Show log in the Firewall and see what IP:ports that are being blocked and create rules for them.