Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Would You Uninstall / Reinstall If....

Options

I'm running XP Home, MSN Internet Explorer 8 on a Compaq PC right off the floor of Office Max 3 years ago and since installing Bitdefender 2009 four days ago I've noticed that in Basic Settings under Online Security that "Real-TimeAntivirus & Antiphishing Mail Protection" is continually disabled. Open the setting and it is disabled, click on box to enable, close settings then open again and the status is again displayed as "disabled".

I know that support on this forum is calling it a known issue that was to be corrected in the latest update. But that update has now come and gone and I still have the issue. Worse, Real-Time Antiphising and Identity Control are also starting to show as "disabled" when I open the settings.

This is just unacceptable. How is a user supposed to have confidence in this product if the Basic Settings AND THE SCAN LOG reports show that email is not being scanned by this product?

I want to like this Bitdefender product. Has anyone else had this problem and would people suggest a complete uninstall / reinstall. Short of reinstall, I'm going to have to go buy something else. Please advise.

Comments

• You might try it. Did you try that?

• I'm running XP Home, MSN Internet Explorer 8 on a Compaq PC right off the floor of Office Max 3 years ago and since installing Bitdefender 2009 four days ago I've noticed that in Basic Settings under Online Security that "Real-TimeAntivirus & Antiphishing Mail Protection" is continually disabled. Open the setting and it is disabled, click on box to enable, close settings then open again and the status is again displayed as "disabled".

I know that support on this forum is calling it a known issue that was to be corrected in the latest update. But that update has now come and gone and I still have the issue. Worse, Real-Time Antiphising and Identity Control are also starting to show as "disabled" when I open the settings.

This is just unacceptable. How is a user supposed to have confidence in this product if the Basic Settings AND THE SCAN LOG reports show that email is not being scanned by this product?

I want to like this Bitdefender product. Has anyone else had this problem and would people suggest a complete uninstall / reinstall. Short of reinstall, I'm going to have to go buy something else. Please advise.

I had this problem a few weeks ago and now it is gone. I did quiet a few things to try and get rid of it - one that was very difficult was to get rid of all of my prior anti-virus system, especially a module that only shows up when you go to IE and use tools to check on the ActiveX controls. One of the prior anti-virus' programs was there - I eventually used "file assassin"to get rid of it.

• hodge
    Options
    I had this problem a few weeks ago and now it is gone. I did quiet a few things to try and get rid of it - one that was very difficult was to get rid of all of my prior anti-virus system, especially a module that only shows up when you go to IE and use tools to check on the ActiveX controls. One of the prior anti-virus' programs was there - I eventually used "file assassin"to get rid of it.

Thanks Ron! I'll work my way through IE and see if I'm also being hindered by the previous antivirus program - I did do a successful uninstall of what I was using for virus protection before, but I'm sure there are still some associated files that could screw things up.

I appreciate the help. Hodge