Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Update And All Virus Scans Do Not Work

Options

I purchased total security 2009 after a succesful trial period when all worked 100%, until this last week when i found my last scan, which i run on a daily basis aborted, ever since then none of my scans will work, if i click on a scan i get the message 'scan failed to execute', this happens regardless of which scan i choose to do. Also, my updates will not work, i have checked the history log, which is set to receive updates every hour, and it just says 'update error' on every line. I have mailed support at bitdefender but they have not come back to me yet 4 days later now, anyone know a fix to my problems?

Any help greatly appreciated. i am running windows xp service pack 3.also attached some screenshots.

post-23048-1238748676_thumb.jpgpost-23048-1238748676_thumb.jpg

thanks

post-23048-1238748723_thumb.jpg

post-23048-1238748771_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Viscon
    Options

looks like you've been trapped by another "beta update" of BD.

most likely some new files fail to execute and/or registry entries got corrupted during update process.

quite typical for this product when you let it automatically update.

sorry i can't help you but you're not the only one here.

my advise is to run manual vir definitions updates, and wait with product updates until nobody on this forum complains about them.

if they do, wait for the fix, wait again - some day you'll be lucky.

forgive me this kind of sarcasm but i went through several issues like this ever since i installed BD.

but wait, there's another solution for the future which i actually use.

i started to ghost image my OS before each update.

if things are fine i can continue working, if not i restore my OS to the state before attempt to update.

:mellow:

• trickytree38
    edited April 2009
    Options

Not sure what you mean by 'ghosting' but will investigate for future refererence. In the meantime, i did a system restore to the day before the issues occured, it came back again that i still had the 2 issues, but after closing BD down, 5 minutes later i had a message from Bitdefender in the middle of the screen, that to perform the BD upgrade i had to reboot the system, so feeling optimistic that something positive was going to occur, rebooted and BD loaded in, the updates had been performed, and i only had 'last scan was 5 days ago' message to fix.

At the time of writing the scan is being performed, has found 3 infected items, so perhaps these sneeked through in the window when i hadn't received updates, but as long as these threats are resolved i will be happy with the outcome, thanks for the advice, a lot quicker than bitdefender support i hasten to add!!!!!!!

:)

looks like you've been trapped by another "beta update" of BD.

most likely some new files fail to execute and/or registry entries got corrupted during update process.

quite typical for this product when you let it automatically update.

sorry i can't help you but you're not the only one here.

my advise is to run manual vir definitions updates, and wait with product updates until nobody on this forum complains about them.

if they do, wait for the fix, wait again - some day you'll be lucky.

forgive me this kind of sarcasm but i went through several issues like this ever since i installed BD.

but wait, there's another solution for the future which i actually use.

i started to ghost image my OS before each update.

if things are fine i can continue working, if not i restore my OS to the state before attempt to update.

:mellow:

• Viscon
    Options

by ghosting i mean backing up OS to image file with symantec ghost.

i've been using this app for years - couldn't live without it actually.

atm it's v11.5 here - not a huge bloated 10, 12 or 14 version, but small one for DOS.

you need to boot into DOS and run ghost to perform backup of partition where OS is installed.

ghost will store an image of another partition or hdd.

if anything goes bad you can restore the whole partition in no time to the state when an image had been created.

much better and reliable solution that built-in windows restore function.