Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Long Updates

Options

I started with Bit Defender antivirus 2009 about 5-6 weeks ago. I've noticed a lot of updates lately that require reboots. But the weird thing is that my computer just spent at least 25 minutes apparently doing an update and the threat detector was "unavailable" during this whole time. I also couldn't bring up the BD window (by double-clicking the system tray icon) -- after a long wait, it finally brought up a window saying the threat detector was unavailable due to doing an update. I've seen this before where I couldn't bring up the control panel window and was quite alarmed by it. Now I'm thinking that it was doing one of these marathon updates. It monopolizes my computer when this happens and slows it down. This is on a brand new computer with a fast chip and lots of RAM. I am also running Vista - could this be part of the problem? Or is this just a BD issue? I find it rather alarming that it would go so long without threat detection, and when it slows down my computer for so long I begin to wonder whether BD is configured properly or if it is just a bit of a lemon? Anyone else ever found these problems? Thanks.

Comments

• Yes, I have been seeing the same thing. And increasingly often in the past week or so.

[64-bit Vista/sp1, Home Premium]

It is a totally unproductive nuisance to have the computer so unresponsive during these periods, and quite disconcerting to have the threat detector unavailable. :(

• Yes, exactly! I'm on Home Premium/32-bit, so we can't blame it on the system setup, I guess. I wonder if the BD folks would care to comment about this? Do they monitor these forums at all? Or is it just us users?