Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can No Longer View Scan Logs In Ie

Options

Not sure what has changed, but when I go into my custom scan log list and try to view one, I get the following message in IE8:

The XML page cannot be displayed

Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A reference to variable or parameter 'IDS_XSL_ACTION_PROMPT_PASS' cannot be resolved. The variable or parameter may not be ...

Any ideas?

Oh and yeah... I still can't scan for Malware.

Comments

• Sal Khan, I had the same problem, I think it was with BDIS2008 (BitDefender Internet Security 2008). I found a cure for it and never get hit again. I can tell you how, but before, please give the following:
    1. exact name and version number of your OS (e.g. Windows XP Pro US)
    2. exact name and version number of your BD product (e.g. BitDefender Antivirus 2009)
    3. exact name and path of your affected log file (e.g. C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BitDefender\Desktop\Profiles\Logs\full_scan\1238819285_1_01.xml)
    4. exact name and path of your BD style file. For this, go in "C:\Program Files\BitDefender" (or whatever), and search for ".xsl" files, then come back here and give the exact name and exact path of each file found (it should be 1 or 2 or 3 files, depending on the number of install/uninstall/reinstall of different BD products you did)
    Versailles (France), Sat 4 Apr 2009 09:54:45 +0200
  • Sal Khan
    edited April 2009
    Options

1. Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 US

2. BD Internet Security 2009

3. C:\Users\Some One\AppData\Roaming\BitDefender\Desktop\Profiles\Logs\user_0001\1238408688_1_02.xml (all current logs are affected)

4. C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2009\uiscan_log_ids

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2009\uiscan_log

I think that's everything.

Sal Khan, I had the same problem, I think it was with BDIS2008 (BitDefender Internet Security 2008). I found a cure for it and never get hit again. I can tell you how, but before, please give the following:
    1. exact name and version number of your OS (e.g. Windows XP Pro US)
    2. exact name and version number of your BD product (e.g. BitDefender Antivirus 2009)
    3. exact name and path of your affected log file (e.g. C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BitDefender\Desktop\Profiles\Logs\full_scan\1238819285_1_01.xml)
    4. exact name and path of your BD style file. For this, go in "C:\Program Files\BitDefender" (or whatever), and search for ".xsl" files, then come back here and give the exact name and exact path of each file found (it should be 1 or 2 or 3 files, depending on the number of install/uninstall/reinstall of different BD products you did)
    Versailles (France), Sat 4 Apr 2009 09:54:45 +0200
  • 3. C:\Users\Some One\AppData\Roaming\BitDefender\Desktop\Profiles\Logs\user_0001\1238408688_1_02.xml (all current logs are affected)
    Now when your "1238408688_1_02.xml" file is open (in IE or FF or whatever), open its source (in IE6: View > Source).

The 2nd or 3rd line should be something like:

<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BDAV2009_0901\BitDefender 2009\uiscan_log.xsl"?>

Probably the path written in that line doesn't match the "C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2009\uiscan_log.xsl" path of your actual style file. Please tell me, then I will tell you my cure.

Versailles, Sat 4 Apr 2009 10:20:40 +0200

• Michel Merlin
    edited April 2009
    Options

I see that my reply notification doesn't work, so I may miss you when you are back online. So I post my cure now:

1. Create a folder of your own (I mean: unknown from your BDIS2009), say "C:\My_Apps\Security\BitDefender\Logs"; keep a Windows Explorer window open on that "Logs" folder
    2. Copy the original BD style file ("uiscan_log") from its original location ("C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2009") to your own folder ("Logs")
    3. Each time BDIS2009 finishes a scan, accept to open the log file; from its Address Bar, copy the path of the folder (without the file name), paste it in the Address Bar of a 2nd Windows Explorer window
    4. Locate the last log file and copy it (the actual file, not its name or location) from the 2nd WE window to the 1st ("Logs")
    5. open that copy (from the "Logs" folder), open its source
    6. In the "style" line (see above my post of 8:20 GMT), remove the path, so to leave the filename alone:

<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="uiscan_log.xsl"?>

7. If necessary you can keep in the Log file a copy of the original style line, disabled by framing it with "<!-- " and " -->", which will give something like:

<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="uiscan_log.xsl"?>

<!-- <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2009\uiscan_log.xsl"?> -->

Versailles, Sat 4 Apr 2009 11:17:10 +0200