Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Hdmi Problem

Options

Hello, I have recently just purchased BitDefender Total Security 2009 which was working flawless till now,

Today, I connected my HDMI cables to my Plasma. First when power on my Notebook I can see the Picture on the Plasma for few seconds

then it shuts off. I can only see up to the loading vista bars when the desktop appears it turns blank (like its being blocked by the BitDefender).

Tried it with 2nd set of HDMI cables both have the same results blank screen. (cables were tested with different TVs and different Laptops)

My HDMI cables and my Notebook was working fine, Untill I changed to BitDefender Total Security 2009. Before I use to have

Norton 360 was the default anti-virus ever since I bought my Laptop. I really don't see how could this have affect on HDMI. But it does since

Changing Anti-virus was the only thing done.

All I know is Ever since Ive changed my Anti-virus, My HDMI cables seem to no longer work. The HDMI cables seem to work fine on my other computer and the same TV along with other Tvs. But not The notebook with Bitdefender. How could Bitdefender affect this? and block it?

The only reason i believe Bitdefender total security 2009, May be at fault it that. Nothing expect downloading Bitdefender total security has been changed.

The Notebook is only 2 months old. So it shouldn't be a problem....

Frustrating Problem any Help would be appreciated.Thank you in advance!

Comments

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello trance2009,

I can't imagine how BitDefender could actually block HDMI output. I also have a Desktop which is connected to a LCD TV through a HDMI cable, and it has absolutely no problems (it's running BD IS 2009).

Did you check the graphics card settings? Maybe somehow the settings were changed. Also, since you say you have a laptop, laptops usually also have a Fn combination used to enable/disable 2nd monitor display. Maybe you (or someone else) accidentally pressed that combination and disabled it.

Cris.