Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Total Confusion And A Lost Supporter

Options

I just fired off a message to someone in 'sales' via the BitDefender website, which was horribly user-unfriendly. It really had me going in circles. The verification code was more difficult than it needed to be (taking 5 goes to get it right), and that was after I struggled mightily just to find somewhere where I could send such a message.

I've recommended this product to family members who bought their own BD protection. And I've recommended it to others. But no more. The abuse is unacceptable.

I just got a notification that my BitDefender has expired and it looks like I'm without protection. I'll have to play with it and see if I can retrieve it. But that's just not right. Online, My BitDefender info shows that I've got 2 days left on my 2008 antivirus, not zero days left. But why do I see that at all? I don't want to see my 2008 antivirus, which is done with. And the info shows that I've got 353 days left on my 2009 antivirus, not zero. I don't even care if everything comes up positive when I shut off and restart my computer. I'm so peeved about this, I will not be sticking with BD. I don't need this aggravation. And I don't appreciate the difficulty I've experienced in trying to contact BD. Why isn't there a link to these forums from their official site? If there's a reason, then fine. But that still doesn't explain why the official site is so user-unfriendly. Have paying customers become enemies of companies they support?

windows xp (service pack 2 thank you very much), AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 1.5 GB ram, 2.01 GHz

Comments

• Please right click on the BitDefender icon next to the clock and select "Update Now" - perform a full update and then restart the system. Try to check if the error message about the expired license key is still present.

Regarding the inquiry that you had concerning "My account" - the on-line account will store every license key that you have used for BitDefender, regardless of the version that you are currently using on the system. The 2008 license key does not affect the current subscription that is running right now on your computer.

• Arby
    edited April 2009
    Options

Thanks for the reply. The frustration I was put through was not acceptable. I suspected that restarting my computer would reset the icons on my task bar and show my true status and that's what happened. That's not the point. I didn't know for sure and trying to communicate with BitDefender was nightmarish. If I hadn't known about these forums, I wouldn't have got feedback in a timely fashion. I think BD ought to appreciate it's strengths, and advertize them, rather than rest on it's laurels. BD isn't perfect, even if it thinks it is. BD needs to tweak things, not those customers, like myself, who pay for a product and get told, effectively, that they don't have it. Who needs that kind of aggravation? What's with the 'active' status icon disappearing and being replaced with an 'expired' status icon?

I like the price of BD and I like what those who are more competent to assess BD's worth have said about it. But I will look at other products when my 2009 version is near it's end.

• Arby
    Options

The update now feature hasn't worked. The stupid program worked, then didn't work and now isn't working again. Keep your aggravation BD! I just don't have time to play around with this crap product.

• The update now feature hasn't worked. The stupid program worked, then didn't work and now isn't working again. Keep your aggravation BD! I just don't have time to play around with this crap product.

Hello Arby

We have been beating this issue to death over on another thread = /index.php?/topic/12843-bitdefender-anitvirus-2009-keeps-shutting-down/" rel="">BD expires every night. And I also documented 4 days of debugging on the problem that BitDefender has ignored despite several emails, calls, etc., there.

My blog entry on this mess with all my debugging BEYOND that thread above is here:

Let’s Debug It: My Internet Security Software HATES me, TOLERATES me, REVILES me. Evil BitDefender

• Arby
    Options
    Hello Arby

We have been beating this issue to death over on another thread = /index.php?/topic/12843-bitdefender-anitvirus-2009-keeps-shutting-down/" rel="">BD expires every night. And I also documented 4 days of debugging on the problem that BitDefender has ignored despite several emails, calls, etc., there.

My blog entry on this mess with all my debugging BEYOND that thread above is here:

Let’s Debug It: My Internet Security Software HATES me, TOLERATES me, REVILES me. Evil BitDefender

Thanks! It's nice to see I'm not alone. And it's sad. I got an email from BD that included links to it's uninstall program and the BD 2009 av program. I just completed the uninstall, stopping in the middle to run a quick registry cleaner cleaning, just because. I noticed that the uninstall tool didn't get rid of all the registry files. Hope that's not critical. I'll see how this went and whether or not I have to return here.

Thanks again and good luck to all of us.