Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How To Quarantine/remove Files

Options

Hello everyone,

I have to start with the disclaimer that I am almost iliterate when it comes to computers :)

So, after first scan with BitDefender 2009, the log entry shows 3647 items unresolved (due to being password protected). I checked the entries in the log, and the files seem to be remnants of Adware removal program (quarantined items), and MyWayMyWebSearch files which I do not know what it is.

Question is, how to get these files deleted/quarantined by BitD, since I am not able to trace the path and do it manually. The options I am presented with is to either provide the password, or ignore the items. I do not have a password since I did not encripted those files.

Thanks

Comments

• Please post the scan log on this thread.

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello persona,

As Diana Bele said, you should post the entire log here. But since the log is so large (over 3600 items), instead of copying it's contents here, just put the log in an ZIP archive and attach the archive to your next post.

Cris.

• Hello persona,

As Diana Bele said, you should post the entire log here. But since the log is so large (over 3600 items), instead of copying it's contents here, just put the log in an ZIP archive and attach the archive to your next post.

Cris.

thanks Diana Bele and Cris,

I tried uploading the log, but I can't compress it small enough (used both 7-Zip and Window's system), and such the system doesn't allow me to attach it. I copied a bit of it below, not sure what else to do..

3647 Password-protected items :

Final Status

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\MyWayMyWebSearch72.zip=]Program Files/MyWebSearch/bar/2.bin/F3BKGERR.JPG

Password-protected

Not scanned

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\MyWayMyWebSearch72.zip=]Program Files/MyWebSearch/bar/2.bin/F3BROVLY.DLL

Password-protected

Not scanned

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\MyWayMyWebSearch72.zip=]Program Files/MyWebSearch/bar/2.bin/F3CJPEG.DLL

Password-protected

Not scanned

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\MyWayMyWebSearch72.zip=]Program Files/MyWebSearch/bar/2.bin/F3DTACTL.DLL

Password-protected

Not scanned

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\MyWayMyWebSearch72.zip=]Program Files/MyWebSearch/bar/2.bin/F3HISTSW.DLL

Password-protected

Not scanned

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\MyWayMyWebSearch72.zip=]Program Files/MyWebSearch/bar/2.bin/F3HTMLMU.DLL

Password-protected

Not scanned

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\MyWayMyWebSearch72.zip=]Program Files/MyWebSearch/bar/2.bin/F3HTTPCT.DLL

Password-protected

Not scanned

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\AdwareAlert5.zip=]Documents and Settings/eu/Application Data/AdwareAlert/Log/2008 Jan 07 - 07_16_17 AM_171.log

Password-protected

Not scanned

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\AdwareAlert5.zip=]Documents and Settings/eu/Application Data/AdwareAlert/Log/2008 Jan 07 - 10_22_35 AM_953.log

Password-protected

Not scanned

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\AdwareAlert5.zip=]Documents and Settings/eu/Application Data/AdwareAlert/Log/2008 Jan 07 - 10_22_54 AM_390.log

Password-protected

Not scanned

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\AdwareAlert5.zip=]Documents and Settings/eu/Application Data/AdwareAlert/Log/2008 Jan 07 - 12_58_33 PM_046.log

Password-protected

Not scanned

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\AdwareAlert5.zip=]Documents and Settings/eu/Application Data/AdwareAlert/Log/2008 Jan 07 - 12_58_42 PM_000.log

Password-protected

Not scanned

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\AdwareAlert5.zip=]Documents and Settings/eu/Application Data/AdwareAlert/Quarantine/06-01-2008-20-40-33/0.qnf

Password-protected

Not scanned

• alexcrist
    Options

For one, you can go to

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\

and delete the folder Recovery with everything it contains.

For the rest of the items, I need the full scan log to see where the files are.

So please archive the log and send it to me on email (I'll send you my address on PM). After I get the log, I'll tell you what to do next.

Just to clarify: these password-protected don't represent any threat to your computer. An archived file cannot be executed, so even if it is infected with something, it's harmless untill taken out of the archive. Since the items you reported were encrypted by other security applications, it means that they will never be unarchived, so they will never be a threat to your system. :)

Cris.

• alexcrist
    Options

Problem solved on PM (files deleted).

Cris.

== Topic closed. (issue solved) ==

== If you need this topic reopened, please contact me through PM ==

This discussion has been closed.