Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd 09 Freeze

Options

I upgraded from BD 08 to BD 09. Ever since the upgrade BitDefender will not complete a deep scan or an update. I'm running Vista Home Premium. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Comments

• Are you able to successfully run a full system scan instead of a deep system scan on your computer?

• Are you able to successfully run a full system scan instead of a deep system scan on your computer?

Hello Diana. Thank you for your response. No I'm not.

• Please tell me how did you uninstall version 2008 from the system and also did you observe the scan crashing at a certain file/ at a certain stage?

• Please tell me how did you uninstall version 2008 from the system and also did you observe the scan crashing at a certain file/ at a certain stage?

To remove BD 2008 I used the BD's remove/uninstall program. The program stalls/freezes near the end of the scanning process and freezes my entire system. I then must hard reboot.

• Diana, I tried a Full System Scan and I have some more information that might be helpful. BD09 froze at the following point:

STEP1

Current Scanned File: c:\windows\system32\odtext32.dll

Elapsed Time: 04:23:41

Files/Second: 12

Scanned Items: 201764

Hope this helps