BitDefender license upgrade

AcceleratorX
edited March 2007 in General talk

Hello,

I was wondering about BitDefender's 2-year, 2 user offer at the price of one year (for personal products). I wanted to know how long this offer is going to last? I recently asked for upgrading my BitDefender Professional Plus (AV Plus) license to be upgraded to Internet Security, and I got a link for purchasing BitDefender Internet Security for 2 years, 2 users with 25% of the $69.95 price. There, are, however, a few things I didn't like about the way this was handled:

1) My BitDefender Antivirus Plus license lasts till December 2008, and I've been granted an extra three month extension on that. It would have been very highly appreciated if I could have just upgraded to BitDefender IS keeping my existing license period intact. With this "upgrade", I lose a good 2 years of protection, only to gain 2 more. And I pay $52 or something just to get an enhanced firewall, and some parental control features. :(

2) BitDefender support said that all license extensions that I had received on my existing license (that included 3 three month extensions) would be invalidated. While this is not such a big point of concern for me, I do wonder why this should be, considering that I am still the same user with the same contact details?

3) For license renewals, usually its 25% off, which is normal. But I was not renewing my license, I was upgrading it. In this context, I feel the 25% discount given is a bit low.

Due to the above 3 points, I will say that I am fairly disappointed with the way the upgrade process has been handled. I still have the purchase link with me, and I'm wondering whether to get the upgrade. I will probably upgrade, but it may now take a while because I am a student and I don't have a monthly salary to keep paying almost full price on such things. Many other vendors, like Grisoft for example, allow you to upgrade to a better edition of their product by simply paying the difference price (example: AVG Anti-Malware 2 years: $44.95, AVG Internet Security 2 years, $69.95, cross upgrade from AVG Anti-Malware to Internet Security: 69.95-44.95 = $25).

Overall, I will eventually purchase the upgrade eventually (since money is short right now, thats why I want to know how long the 2-year, 2 user license offer will last, so that I can save up accordingly), as I like BitDefender, but I do feel I've been given a slightly raw deal.

Comments

• Well, doesn't look like this thread has any value here.....:(

• I would say that $ 25 would would be a fair offer for upgrading. But what do you miss in the antivirus plus what BISS does have?

Maybe you can get some additional free software in the meantime.

At the end of 2008 BD is probably beta testing version 12.

BitDefender v11 is on the way allready

• Sorry for waiting such a long period for this answer but here it is:

There was a misunderstanding regarding this upgrade offer, only if you are renewing your product your old license is deleted. In your case (and everybody's case) because we sent you that upgrade offer you can buy the BitDefender 10 IS for the normal price -25%. Also you will be able to keep your old BitDefender license until Dec 2008 or renew it every time you like.

• Alright, thanks for the reply Florin. But how long will the 2-year, 2 user offer last (so I can benefit from the upgrade while the offer lasts)?

• That we can't tell you, not because we don't want to, but because we can't know for sure as long as the demands of our users can change from year to year.

I can probably tell for how long it was planed, but I need to know for sure. ;)

• For that matter, I would definitely want that offer to be on for a long time :D

• I am currently using the Free Trail.

How can I get the two year/two user product?

Also what is the price for this product?

For that matter, I would definitely want that offer to be on for a long time :D
  • I am currently using the Free Trail.

How can I get the two year/two user product?

Also what is the price for this product?

The fastest and safest way is to buy it online from our site at: http://www.bitdefender.com/site/Buy/products/1/