Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Pc Won't Log On

Options

I installed BD 2009 & PC asked me to uninstall an old version first (BD2008), via an app on DBs website. Did this - ran BD2009 & after re booting, entering password at login screen - PC won't allow me in. Safe mode is the same - can't login.

I've noticed on other forums other people have had similar proplems with other companies' security products. But I'm still flumoxed as to how to rectify the situation.

I've downloaded "Fix-It", created a install disc so it boot_s from that - and this doesn't help either.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• doese your system login then say windows loging off in a loop. if this is the case you had a virus that when uninstalled took out the userinit.exe file. in system32. the easy way to fix this is install your hard drive in another system open c:drive or whatever drive is your main and open windows folder then system32 and copy over the good userinit.exe file. you can do the same thing using ubcd. "ultimate boot cd"

Best of luck

michael

• Hi

Thanks for that.

The PC says "logging off" & just gets stuck there. I guess that's a loop (?)

I've tried copying userinit.exe wsaupdater.exe - but couldn't find the file.

I've also tried copying userinit across from a WinXP reinstallation disc. It said it was copied - but still didn't work.

I've even run repair routine from same disc & over installed XP drivers etc....to no effect.

Not sure if I want to take apart a good computer to fix this one like you suggest.....any other ideas?

Many thanks

• hnyaji
    Options

Hi LondonPete,

from your most recent post, the only conclusion that I could come to is that you have your caps lock on! :-D

• hnyaji
    Options

Hi

could be a polymorphic virus. Do a low level format of the hard disc (not quick) and reinstall XP.