Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Cannot Create Account

Options

Just purchased bitdefender internet security yesterday, it will not let me create an account,

and says my product is not activated,

getting the message " cannot connect to the server. Please try again later to create the account"

have tried several times, with no luck.

also tried the live help, didnt get any help there,

any suggestions?

I need to get this resolved. or I'm going back to Eset

Comments

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello orlenz50,

Do you use other firewall besides BitDefender? Did you disable Windows Firewall?

Cris.

• orlenz
    Options
    Hello orlenz50,

Do you use other firewall besides BitDefender? Did you disable Windows Firewall?

Cris.

No other firewall installed, I am behind a router, don't know if that matters or not.

windows firewall is off

OS vista ultimate 32 bit

• alexcrist
    Options

I have tried contacting someone about your problem, but I didn't get a response.

I will try again Tuesday (until then I won't be able to) and come back with an answer.

You can use BitDefender for 30 days without activation before updates get disabled, so until Tuesday there shouldn't be any problems. We apologize for any inconveniences.

Cris.

• orlenz
    Options
    I have tried contacting someone about your problem, but I didn't get a response.

I will try again Tuesday (until then I won't be able to) and come back with an answer.

You can use BitDefender for 30 days without activation before updates get disabled, so until Tuesday there shouldn't be any problems. We apologize for any inconveniences.

Cris.

Thanks for the help

• orlenz
    Options

I was able to go to this link http://kb.bitdefender.com/KB454-en--Regist...ender-2009.html

and make an account, got the account confirmtion email, but the software still wont connect to the server and activate, it does say that I have 364 days now, but still syas it needs to be activated.

:wacko:

• orlenz
    Options

Okay got it working, did uninstall, rebooted, manually and removed all traces of bitdefender from registry, program files and application data, rebooted again and it installed great.

working great now.

Gotta say though for a program that is so highly rated, the customer service is very poor.

• alexcrist
    Options

OK, since this problem has been solved, I will close this topic.

If you need this topic re-opened, please contact me through PM.

Cris.

== CLOSED ==

This discussion has been closed.