Bitdefender Deleting Necessary Dlls

The latest update of BitDefender has deleted dll files needed for OpenOffice and Firefox from my PCs !!!!

Files are :-

nssutil3.dll

tlmi.dll

Comments

• Same problem here!

And re-installing won't help because BD immediately removes the dll files again.

• edited April 2009

Detection for the nssutil3.dll file has already been removed and will enter update in less than an hour.

Please post the exact detection name for tlmi.dll, so it can be checked out.

Thank you.

Cris.

• Me too, same thing. As of this morning BitDefender thinks that my Firefox file nssutil3.dll is a Tojan.Generic.1607990.

I located a fresh copy of this file online and put it back into the directory that it was deleted from. I'm running in "Game Mode" so that it doesn't get deleted again. I guess I'll create an exception for that path.

Is it possible to make exceptions just for one file?

• I will have to install OpenOffice 3 again to find out more ....

• Thanks Cris!

I was only having trouble with Firefox so perhaps C Broadhurst can tell you detection name of tlmi.dll

• On install of OpenOffice I have Trojan.Generic.1607810

Location C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org3\Basis\program\icuin36.dll

I will wait for the tlmi.dll message ...

• Is it possible to make exceptions just for one file?

Yes, it's possible.

• can't get the full install of OpenOffice ...

Copied the file from my daughters PC

Trojan.Generic.1608001

File name - tlmi.dll

• Thank you for your reports. I forwarded them to analysis and they will be checked out. I will keep you posted about the result.

Cris.

• thanks Cris ...

It was a bit of a nasty surprise ...

• Log from TODAY:

Hey, two more faults:

...\GIMP-2.0\lib\gtk-2.0\2.10.0\loaders\libpixbufloader-pnm.dll Trojan.Generic.1607759 Deleted

...\GIMP-2.0\bin\libgsf-win32-1-114.dll Trojan.Generic.1607815 Deleted

Can someone stop this?

• Detection for the nssutil3.dll file has already been removed and will enter update in less than an hour.

Please post the exact detection name for tlmi.dll, so it can be checked out.

Thank you.

Cris.

I had problems with several other DLLs as well, I've included their filenames and detection names below:

GTK - libpixbufloader-pnm.dll - Trojan.Generic.1607759

VLC - libmemcpy_plugin.dll - Trojan.Generic.1607824

Wireshark - unistim.dll - Trojan.Generic.1607984

• The latest update of BitDefender has deleted dll files needed for OpenOffice and Firefox from my PCs !!!!

Files are :-

nssutil3.dll

tlmi.dll

Bitdefender deleted nssutil3.dll from my system also. Claimed it was Trojan.Generic.1607990. This killed firefox. The Bitdefender folks have a full blown disaster on their hands.

• edited April 2009

Same problem for me with FireFox,

Removes and deletes nssutil.dll and reports it as Trojan Generic 1607990

• Thank you Cris

The defect was repaired in the program of Firefox :)

• Thank you Cris

The defect was repaired in the program of Firefox :)

Are you kidding me? Last update didn't resolve this issue. Yes, some update was few minutes ago but i can't still install firefox; this same problem with trojan.generic occuring.

• My FireFox is now working fine after last update about 10 mins ago.

Just needed to reinstal FF and all is well.

• Reports from posts #12 and #13 forwarded. They will be fixed as soon as possible.

Cris.

• Hey, did you reboot your pc?

Look at this:

...\Mozilla Firefox\nssutil3.dll Trojan.Generic.1607990

Log was generate 1 minute ago. Last update at 18:40. No new update available. Cheked on my 2 pc(s). (Bitdefender 2009 64bit ver.).

• Same thing with me-- blocking Firefox. Saw two BitDefender updates in last 45 minutes but after both was still unable to reinstall Firefox.

So I put in an exception to not check the ...\Mozilla Firefox\ directory. Then turned off BitDefender for five minutes. Then downloaded and reinstalled Firefox. Now all is well. I'll leave the exception in place until I hear definitevely that the problem has been fixed.

• I still can't install FF.

During installation BD comes up with the Trojan.Generic.1607990 again :(

Last update was 10 minutes ago.

• Thanks Cris!

I was only having trouble with Firefox so perhaps C Broadhurst can tell you detection name of tlmi.dll

Hi,

I have this problem as well. BitDefender AV is consistently deleting a needed OpenOffice 3 file: icuin36.dll,

saying it is infected with a trojan: Trojan.Generic.1607810

This problem is even keeping from re-installing the program. Oh yeah, and I can't do my homework or my job!

THANKS so much for looking into this,

~ap

• Update for the Firefox problem just entered update. Please make a manual update and all should be OK. If it still detects it, wait a few more minutes and try again. On my machine the file in not detected anymore, so everyone should get the update in the next half hour max.

Cris.

• edited April 2009

Yes Nisei, just to confirm, I had exactly same issue with FireFox, with nssutil.dll being deleted and Generic Trojan 1607990 being reported resulting in FireFox not starting.

I manually updated BD about an hour ago, reinstalled FireFox over the top of the original installation and all works fine.Im using FireFox now while I type this.

I have rebooted since the BitDefender update but it worked OK before doing that anyway.

Ive also ran a full deep system scan and all is well.

• 10:46 PST

BD did the same thing here nailing my FireFox: I quarantined nssutil3.dll which was reported as Trojan.Generic.1607990 (as with others who have reported above.)

Incidentally, chat disconnected me before I had time to type more than a few words, i.e. they said they would contact me by email -- I wanted to chat, and I have received no emails.

I have tried to contact tech support, on hold interminably no answer.

I have tried to contact sales, said their lines were busy (yeah right), leave a name and phone number, we'll see if I get a call back.

I'm with the other forum member who mentioned that they think this company is in trouble.

T

• I'm having the same problem and after reading this thread I've manually updated BitDefender and tried to reinstall FF twice, but BD is still coming up with Trojan.Generic.1607990.

• I'm having the same problem and after reading this thread I've manually updated BitDefender and tried to reinstall FF twice, but BD is still coming up with Trojan.Generic.1607990.

I turned on the game mode while I reinstalled FF (after manual updating BD). Seemed to work okay for me. I'm back in FF. thank God.

• ACK. Now I find that my privacy protection was disabled (I didn't do this) in DB and I can't change my protection level from permissive back to the default. My identity, restigry, cookie and script control all disabled... How do I change this??

• edited April 2009
    I turned on the game mode while I reinstalled FF (after manual updating BD). Seemed to work okay for me. I'm back in FF. thank God.

Thanks, Leah, I'll try that.

ETA: I turned on the game mode and reinstalled FF, but I got this error.

"This application has failed to start because nssutil3.dll was not found.

Re-installing the application may fix the problem."

• Issue seems to be fixed. Still have to reinstall FF.

<_< NOT FUNNY!!!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.