Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Scheduled Scan Completion

Options

Is there a way to get the scheduled scan to complete without user intervention? It always seems to want to stop right before the end and tell you about what it found. I would like it to just do it's thing and close out properly. I can check the logs later.

I know I can use the command line scanner, but that it not integrated into the log files and does not have the additional options on what to do when you find a problem, etc. or at least that is my take on the command line scanner.

TIA,

Kevin

Comments

• Is there a way to get the scheduled scan to complete without user intervention? It always seems to want to stop right before the end and tell you about what it found. I would like it to just do it's thing and close out properly. I can check the logs later.

TIA,

Kevin

I would like to know the same. There is a bug (at least for some of us) where the scan is not considered fully complete until you click that final report button. That prevents any updates and downloads from working correctly until you say OK (or reboot the machine). If I could somehow get it to close out as well, then the bug is covered up until they fix it. The only way I can see is to let BD reboot the machine if there are no errors, but I don't want my machine rebooted every night after a scan.

• I would like to know the same. There is a bug (at least for some of us) where the scan is not considered fully complete until you click that final report button. That prevents any updates and downloads from working correctly until you say OK (or reboot the machine). If I could somehow get it to close out as well, then the bug is covered up until they fix it. The only way I can see is to let BD reboot the machine if there are no errors, but I don't want my machine rebooted every night after a scan.

I saw this on my work machine. It sat there at that prompt on Friday evening and did not update over the whole weekend. Then when I came in Monday (today), I finished up the scan and then Windows Security told me my virus database was not up to date....

This is an annoying way to do scheduled scans.

• alexcrist
    Options

Please continue this discussion in this topic: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=13200

Thank you.

Cris.

== CLOSED ==

This discussion has been closed.