Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Tr\unpacked.gen

Options

Hello,

I have installed BD plus V10 and Avira Antivir. They are working fine.

yesterday i have got an alert from avira antivir that a file in c:\windows\temp is infected by trojan TR/Unpacked.Gen in the mean time BD access scan get slowly all task in my computer.

Is it possible that a temporary file generated by BD is read from Avir like a trojan ?

Tanks

Comments

• alexcrist
    alexcrist
    edited July 2007
    Options

Hi Giov,

As far as I know, BD doesn't keep any files (temporary, or otherwise) in the c:\windows\temp folder.

They are working fine.

[...]

BD access scan get slowly all task in my computer

These two sentences are totally opposed with each other. If BD scans slowly, then they are NOT working fine.

You shouldn't keep two AV products enabled in realtime. Two security products (AV, firewalls, antispyware apps) enabled in the same time usually offer a lot less protection then a single one. Plus, your PC runs a lot slower. All this happens because the two products interfere with each other and scan each other continuously.

I suggest choosing only one AV product. You can keep both of them installed, but diasble one of them and just keep it for On-Demand scanning (for second opinion, when you suspect that you have a virus that one AV didn't detect).

Now, for your Trojan problem: if you have some doubts about a file, first you can upload it on Virustotal and see what other 30+ AV products say about it. If you still have doubts, put that file in a zip archive (protected by the password infected) and attach it in a post in the Malware section. There, BD Virus Analysts will check the file and add signatures if it's the case. Do the same about false-positives (legit files, wrongly detected as infected).

Cris.

• Hello,

I have installed BD plus V10 and Avira Antivir. They are working fine.

yesterday i have got an alert from avira antivir that a file in c:\windows\temp is infected by trojan TR/Unpacked.Gen in the mean time BD access scan get slowly all task in my computer.

Is it possible that a temporary file generated by BD is read from Avir like a trojan ?

Tanks

Normally, if the file is located in temp folder, it is temporary and he probably hasn't infected your computer. Try to delete it manually after disabling real-time protection from both AV's. Don't forget to re-enable them, after you're done.

This may be a False-positive as well, but since it's located in temp folder, it is most probably junk left over from previous setups.

Andrei

• Gio
    Options

Sorry my english is not so good, I meaning that before they worked well together