Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bdis-2008 Forgets Data?

Options

I have BDIS-2008 (ver 11.0.17) running and today it has suddenly asked me some questions that were answered when I first installed it, such as:

1. Is the network I am on a home "safe" environment, or a public environment?

2. Can Firefox be trusted to access the internet?

These have been established for many months and now I'm suddenly being asked again.

Other BD settings appear intact and unchanged.

Why did this happen?

Don't suggest BD2009, it won't work on this computer.

Fungus

Comments

• hnyaji
    Options

Hi

you have probably changed how you connect to the Internet!

Hemanth

• bithead
    Options
    I have BDIS-2008 (ver 11.0.17) running and today it has suddenly asked me some questions that were answered when I first installed it, such as:

1. Is the network I am on a home "safe" environment, or a public environment?

2. Can Firefox be trusted to access the internet?

These have been established for many months and now I'm suddenly being asked again.

Other BD settings appear intact and unchanged.

Why did this happen?

Don't suggest BD2009, it won't work on this computer.

Fungus

It seems to endlessly love to forget firewall rules as well, a little retarded I think

• hnyaji
    edited May 2009
    Options

Hi

select the default setting for firewall to 'allow know programmes'. This would let known programmes like firewall to access the Internet.

Set 'apply the same rule to all networks' in firewall settings.

Hemanth

• bithead
    Options
    Hi

select the default setting for firewall to 'allow know programmes'. This would let known programmes like firewall to access the Internet.

Set 'apply the same rule to all networks' in firewall settings.

Hemanth

those are the settings Ive always had, its memory lapses are randum, I have scanned with other ani-virus and spyware apps on occasion and comp always came out clean so its not that. Due to a couple of programs I tested that screwed things up I had to use system restore which has always led to BD being partially disabled afterward leading me to reinstall or repair BD and the firewall forgetfulness has always randumly occurred before and after so not thats either.