Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[solved] Configure Bd Antispam For Gmail (imap) On Thunderbird

Options

Hi

how to configure BD antispam for gmail (IMAP) on thunderbird?

help is appreciated!

thanks,

Hemanth

Comments

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello Hemanth,

BD Antispam, as far as I know, only works on POP3 and SMTP protocols at the moment. Maybe future versions will provide IMAP protection also.

Cris.

• hnyaji
    Options

Hi Cris

How about the AntiVirus for Gmail on Thunderbird? I have configured Gmail using IMAP for Thunderbird.

thanks

Hemanth

• alexcrist
    Options

I have talked to someone about this. Apparently, the IMAP protocol makes it basically impossible for any realtime email monitoring/filtering, including antivirus/antispam. So this could be a very god reason why BitDefender Antispam can't filter IMAP accounts.

The only feasible solution is a server-side filtering.

On the other hand, GMail already has a very good antispam filter on their server (as I said, server-side filtering). I also use GMail as my primary mail account, and never had spam problems, even though I receive hundreds of them (but they all get in the SPAM folder automatically).

About antivirus protection, GMail also offers it, so any infected files should already be filtered. Any other files that you receive, you should download and manually scan with BitDefender before execution. It's the safest way.

I will come back with other details if I find out something else.

Cris.

This discussion has been closed.