Crash Caused By "bdftdif.sys"
i am having a problem while working online, i get a blue screen with title "A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer"
and in the same message the technical information shows:
* stop: 0x000000D1 (0x000000A8, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0xA8BAA86B)
* bdftdif.sys address A8BAA86B base at A8BA5000 datastump 49218378
i read an old topic here and found an answer says:
It seems that one driver that belongs to Bitdefender software is responsible for this issue. I have to execute the following steps to solve my problem.
1. Load Windows in Safe mode.
2. Find the following file: bdftdif.sys usually, it can be found in the following folder:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Firewall
If you are using Windows Search, make sure you ticked option to search in hidden and system folder as well.
3. Rename it to bdftdif.sys.tmp
4. Reboot your computer in Normal mode
so i did it, found the bdftdif.sys in C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Firewall and renamed it in safe mode to bdftdif.sys.tmp
but when i restarted my PC in normal mode i found that firewall stopped and couldn't turn it on, so i went back to safe mode and renamed the file back
i am using BitDefender Total Security 2009 on Win XP Pro SP2