Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Packer.pespin.a

Options
highaltitude
edited July 2007 in Malware talk

How do I get rid of packer.PESpin.A? I can't seem to get it gone. any help would be great. BD ends up saying Disinfection failed, Move failed.

Comments

• You may try a deep scan in safe mode. Restart your computer, and before BOOT screen appears, press F8. A menu will appear. Select Safe mode. After Win is loaded, open command prompt and type in the following command:

cd C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Scan Server

and than

bdc /f /b /r /i /G /N /p

You may also try to download SuperAntiSpyware and make a deep scan, in safe mode.

Andrei

• Niels
    Options

Hello highaltitude

It's isn't real malware. Sometimes it could be. So I recommend that you attach the packer in a password protected archive with the following password: infected. And attach it to your next post.

It means that a particular file is archived in a unknown format. For more information take a look at this topic and especially at vlad's post.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=1010

Regards

Niels

• Well the problem is that is was in a winrar archive file for a Paretologic antispyware program someone gave me to try. Now I can not move,copy or delete the archive. It says that "Cannot delete Paretologic.Slayer.v1.4:Cannot read from the source file or disk"

• Niels
    Options

Hello highaltitude

What is the size of the archive? You can upload just the archive and attach it to your next post. That is the only way to tell if it's really an infection or not. BitDefender can't move files that are in archive but can only detect it. If you want get rid of it boot your pc into safe mode by just rebooting and press several times on the F8 button before the windows loading screen and delete the archive manually.

Regards

Niels

• thanks, I'll try that.

• hey thanks alot, that got rid of it. :D

• Niels
    Options

Glad that we could help you.

Regards

Niels