Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Sorry! S/b 2009 Products Sub-forum But..local Lan Issues With Gamesafe (latest Vers)

Options

Five PC's on XP/Pro and VISTA/ULT platforms. All supported Network Magic (Cisco) and PCanyWhere (Symantec) using previous Internet Security Suite (Outpost). NOW, PCanyWhere CANNOT SEE THE WORKGROUP MACHINES and Network Magic shows them 'off-line'.

Things I did:

Settings -> Firewall-> Traffic -> Reset Profile -> Set to TRUSTED NETWORK and HOME-OFFICE LAN.

Settings -> Firewall -> Zones -> Add Zone -> Browse Local Network -> (at this point I added each I/P listed manually as 'Trusted'.

Despite the Zone settings, I keep getting "Port Scan Blocked" messages with local I/P's shown.

Going into Windows ->My Computer -> My Network Places -> View Workgroup Computers (This yields a screen showing all of the other members. But if I attempt to 'drill-down' to see any shares, I get "\\PC is Not accessible. You might not have permission...."

I am Administrator on all PC's.

As stated (above), previous Firewalls (Outpost, AVG, McAfee) have worked fine with no such issues. This is a nuisance!

Any ideas???

-greg

Comments

• Here I am replying to myself! Bit seriously, I have found a 'fix' for the connectivity issues....probably not the best, but hey, it works!

Advanced Settings -> Firewall -> Advanced-> UNCHECK 'STEALTH MODE' !!

Since PCAnyWhere and Network Magic rely on being able to scan ports, they are quite happy when this option is not enabled.

Any BETTER sugg's would be great!

-greg