Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall Rules Issue

Options

Finally after many installations BDIS 2009 works fine (close to default settings) on VISTA HOME PREMIUM 32b.

I've noticed that everytime I open my local or wireless connection, Firewall Rules are not respected if Windows DHCP is on. But if IP address is specified manually Firewall rules are OK. (Firewall settings is on "Report" mode).

Is it only for me?

THANKS in advance

Comments

• Unknown
    Options

Hello werby3,

The issue you have been facing could be caused by the type of network selection for your adapter - please open BitDefender - go to Firewall - then to Network in the upper menu and check the trust level set for your network adapters. For testing purposes select "Trusted local" for each adapter you see there, then enable DHCP for your connection and check if the issue reproduces.

In case it does, please give us an example of how exactly are the rules disregarded: do you receive a pop-up each time to select the type of network that you are connecting to/ do you get new pop-ups for Allowing programs to connect to the Internet while you already previously selected an action/ you do not receive any new pop-up but the rules that have already created are not respected etc. ?

Thank you!

• werby3
    Options
    Hello werby3,

The issue you have been facing could be caused ...

When I select any mode on "Trust level" Rules are OK. Then I disable/enable connection and Rules are NOT in use with not any kind of pop-ups informs me. So I must select again a "Trust level" mode for the Rules to be respected.

Thank you very much for your response!!!

(Sorry for my poor english)

• werby3
    edited May 2009
    Options

An example:

Firewall settings on "report". For "Trust level" I choose "unsafe" mode. No Rules are created yet.

I open "Mozilla" and a pop-up comes asking me for allowing or denying. I choose to deny so app cannot connect to internet (Rule is created). I disable my connection and when I enable it again "Mozilla" connects to internet without asking me for permission (no pop-up). I must select again a "Trust level" mode for the Rule to be respected.

This problem does not exist if IP address is manually specified and not from Windows (or my router) DHCP.

Thank you

• Unknown
    Options

Hello werby3,

Try to see if by selecting a trust level for the adapters and settings their Generic to "Yes" you still have the same issue after switching from manual IP to DHCP.

• werby3
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Hello werby3,

Try to see if by ...

Yes there is the same issue.

(It seems to need something like refreshing).

• Unknown
    Options

Hello werby3,

In order to determine the cause of this issue I send you an e-mail a few minutes ago under Ticket ID 200905271004831 .

Thank you!

• werby3
    Options
    Hello werby3,

In order to determine the cause of this issue I send you an e-mail a few minutes ago under Ticket ID 200905271004831 .

Thank you!

Hi Diana Bele

I've just sent you back an e-mail with the files you want.

Let's hope for a solution.

(P S : I had to install/uninstall many times BDIS 2009 because of some issues (start up/shut down delays etc.) but this issue remains the same on every installation.)

THANK YOU for all you've done!

This discussion has been closed.