Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Imgkulot - Bd Cant Detect

Options
deltashock
edited July 2007 in Malware talk

i recently have this anonymous file on my notebook, i dont know its other effects but i thing i know is that when you right click you drive C: for example it didnt say open but imgkulot and when you open it, it open to another window it doesnt open in the same window. BD cant delete it and didnt detect any virus in so i dont think its a virus or whatsoever ive included a file so that all you can know about it... one thing i remove it is i manually delete it on my c drive and on the system32 folder.

EDITED: Please do not post links which lead to possible infected files. Next time, write down the link in a text file and attach it here.

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=389" data-fileid="389" rel="">link.txt

Comments

• vlad
    Options

Please look for Recycled\ctfmon.exe and upload it here.

• any solution on this? since everytime i have this i manually delete this it changes all my open, explore, search etc... into imgkulot... BD cant detect this...

• Niels
    Options

Hello deltashock

Did you attached a flash drive to your laptop? It could be spread via an infected flash drive.

If so attach the flash drive.

Could you please try this: Go to start,my computer,go to the tools menu,folder options,display/view check the option show hidden files and folders and uncheck hide protected operating system files press on apply and ok.

Now search for entries that have the following names: autorun.inf and imgkulot and archive them with a password protected archive with this password: infected. After you done that delete the entries.

Now use the windows search option: win+F (press the windows button together with the F button), all files and folders,search in my computer,check every option under advanced options/settings,use these search terms:

imgkulot.*

autorun.inf

If found archive them and attach them also to your next post.

Regards

Niels

• yeah its an infected flashdisk... that i got on a pub up untill now thats the only solution ive got in removing this file manually deleting it and yet other AV can detect this and remove this files, ive posted the files but someone removed it... so ill post it again... hopefully in the next update this will be removed by BD..

• Niels
    Options

Hello deltashock

To add the attachments correctly when you make your new post go to the attachments section , browse, select the archive you wanted to upload press open and finally press on upload. There is a 2 mb file limit.

Regards

Niels

• I don't think anyone actually removed the attachment; maybe it failed uploading somehow. Send it to virus_submission@bitdefender.com and put 4vir somewhere in the subject. I signed some imgkulot-related malware just a few days ago, but it may not be the same.

• ive uploaded it to deposit file a LONG time ago :( and now it was removed due to inactivity well ill upload it here whenever i have those files with me...