Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Rootkit Scan

Options

Until last week, after scanning my two disk partitions under Deep Scan, my BD Antivirus 2009 was also scanning for rootkits. Since last week, more precisely since the Vista SP2 update, it stopped scanning for rootkits after scanning the two partitions. I have checked the logs and it does say there 'Scan for rootkits: Yes'.

Do I need to do something to get that rootkit scan back on or is this a normal occurance?

Comments

• Unknown
    Options

Hello AndreiRC,

The best way to check if the rootkit scan is enabled is to verifying the status of the BitDefender rootkit scan drivers.

Please start a deep system scan and while it is running go to Start - Run - type in "cmd" then type:

sc query trufos[Enter]

sc query profos[Enter]

Post the results here.

Thanks!

• AndreiRC
    edited June 2009
    Options

Ok, I got this as results to those two queries:

SERVICE_NAME: trufos

TYPE : 1 KERNEL_DRIVER

STATE : 1 STOPPED

WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 1077 (0x435)

SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)

CHECKPOINT : 0x0

WAIT_HINT : 0x0

SERVICE_NAME: profos

TYPE : 1 KERNEL_DRIVER

STATE : 1 STOPPED

WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 50 (0x32)

SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)

CHECKPOINT : 0x0

WAIT_HINT : 0x0

Does this mean that they are not functioning? If yes, what should I do to make them work?

• Just as observation: I read on the French language forum that someone has a similar problem with similar circumstances, the rootkit analysis disappearing after the SP2 update. So it's definitely not my computer.

• Unknown
    Options

Hello AndreiRC,

We are currently investigate this issue on our side as well. I'll get back to you as soon as I have an update on this situation.

• Alright, thank you.

• benny19
    Options
    Hello AndreiRC,

We are currently investigate this issue on our side as well. I'll get back to you as soon as I have an update on this situation.

Hello

What's new about this bug ?

• benny19
    Options
    Hello AndreiRC,

Hello...

Update this year ?

Bye