Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can't Install Is 2009, Error 1935

Options

Installed IS 2009 no prob. Day after install something stopped working and I did a repair. While reinstalling I got this error (quoted from Event Viewer):

Product: BitDefender Internet Security 2009 -- Error 1935. An error occured during the installation of assembly component {63E949F6-03BC-5C40-A01F-C8B3B9A1E18E}. HRESULT: 0x800736FD. assembly interface: IAssemblyCacheItem, function: Commit, assembly name: policy.8.0.Microsoft.VC80.CRT,processorArchitecture="x86",type="win32-policy",version="8.0.50727.762",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b"

Uninstalling and re-installing, including using the removal tool, did nothing to handle the problem.

I have Win Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP 2.

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options
    Installed IS 2009 no prob. Day after install something stopped working and I did a repair. While reinstalling I got this error (quoted from Event Viewer):

Product: BitDefender Internet Security 2009 -- Error 1935. An error occured during the installation of assembly component {63E949F6-03BC-5C40-A01F-C8B3B9A1E18E}. HRESULT: 0x800736FD. assembly interface: IAssemblyCacheItem, function: Commit, assembly name: policy.8.0.Microsoft.VC80.CRT,processorArchitecture="x86",type="win32-policy",version="8.0.50727.762",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b"

Uninstalling and re-installing, including using the removal tool, did nothing to handle the problem.

I have Win Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP 2.

Hello RHE09 ,

Please follow the steps bellow :

1. Download and install the latest Windows Vista Updates.

2. Run a BitDefender Online Scan .

3. Download the BitDefender Total Security 2009 installation kit from the next link :http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...ty_2009_32b.exe then try to run it .

Detailed instructions on how to use our online scanner were sent to our as a reply to your support request . Please send us back an email in case this issue still persist .

• RHE09
    Options
    Hello RHE09 ,

Please follow the steps bellow :

1. Download and install the latest Windows Vista Updates.

2. Run a BitDefender Online Scan .

3. Download the BitDefender Total Security 2009 installation kit from the next link :http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...ty_2009_32b.exe then try to run it .

Detailed instructions on how to use our online scanner were sent to our as a reply to your support request . Please send us back an email in case this issue still persist .

Hi. Latest updates are installed. Had already ran an online scan. Downloaded installation kit and installed successfully. However that is not the product I had/want. It's Internet Security. Uninstalled Total Security and tried reinstalling Internet Security, same error.

• Alex Stanciu
    Options
    Hi. Latest updates are installed. Had already ran an online scan. Downloaded installation kit and installed successfully. However that is not the product I had/want. It's Internet Security. Uninstalled Total Security and tried reinstalling Internet Security, same error.

Hello RHE09,

This issue needs further investigation and that is why we have sent you a reply with some troubleshooting instructions. Please send us back an email with the reports that we have asked you .

• RHE09
    Options
    Hello RHE09,

This issue needs further investigation and that is why we have sent you a reply with some troubleshooting instructions. Please send us back an email with the reports that we have asked you .

You might want to change your email settings if you're going to ask me for attachments, this is what I got back

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

support@bitdefender.com

SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:

host impout-pool.yourhostingaccount.com [10.1.55.3]:

552 5.2.0 Blacklisted file extension detected

• Alex,

I have exactly the same problem- Vista SP2, latest updates, I've run the on-line scanner, and I still

keep getting the exact same error message. Can you please send me the troubleshooting instructions

and what additional information you'd like to see back from me?

Thanks,

Gene

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello gozierdt ,

We have created a support ticket in our database and an email was sent to you for further investigation . We are waiting your reply .

Thank you .