Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Scan Activity Bar Shows Constant File Scan Activity When Outlook Running

Options

IS 2009, on Win Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP 2, Office 2007 Ultimate (Outlook 2007 SP 2 with BCM).

Whenever Outlook is running, The file zone on the activity bar is full 100%, 100% of the time. If I close Outlook, the file scan activity goes down to nothing. Is it because I just installed it? I haven't done the first scan yet. I disabled the Anti-Spam toolbar at trust center level.

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options
    IS 2009, on Win Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP 2, Office 2007 Ultimate (Outlook 2007 SP 2 with BCM).

Whenever Outlook is running, The file zone on the activity bar is full 100%, 100% of the time. If I close Outlook, the file scan activity goes down to nothing. Is it because I just installed it? I haven't done the first scan yet. I disabled the Anti-Spam toolbar at trust center level.

Hello RHE09 ,

Please open Outlook 2007 , click on Tools -> Options then click on the Mail Setup tab . Here under the "Send/Receive" section , uncheck the option called "Send immediately when connected " then click on Apply then on Ok .

Please let us know if the same activity is detected by BitDefender when you open Outlook 2007.

Thank you .

• RHE09
    Options
    Hello RHE09 ,

Please open Outlook 2007 , click on Tools -> Options then click on the Mail Setup tab . Here under the "Send/Receive" section , uncheck the option called "Send immediately when connected " then click on Apply then on Ok .

Please let us know if the same activity is detected by BitDefender when you open Outlook 2007.

Thank you .

Thanks. Changing that setting did not affect BitDefender' file scan activity at all.

If it helps, i have attached debugview's log of what Outlook seems to be doing constantly, although I have no way of telling if that is what causes BitDefender's constant file scan activity - I only know that they happen at the same time. if I close outlook, debugview shows nothing, and the file scan activity ceases.

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=5316" data-fileid="5316" rel="">outlook.LOG

• RHE09
    Options
    Thanks. Changing that setting did not affect BitDefender' file scan activity at all.

If it helps, i have attached debugview's log of what Outlook seems to be doing constantly, although I have no way of telling if that is what causes BitDefender's constant file scan activity - I only know that they happen at the same time. if I close outlook, debugview shows nothing, and the file scan activity ceases.

Never mind, I found out what it was. I was right in that the activity in Debugview and the file scan activity by BitDefender were related. I disabled all Outlook add-ins, and the activity ceased in both. Then by turning on one by one, I found that an "OutlookAddin" with folder path "c:\program files\Cyberlink\OutlookAddinSetup", file "outlookAddin.dll" (?) was the culprit. Once disabled, the constant file scan activity and the endless loop in Debugview ceased.

Figured I posted my findings in case someone else runs into a similar situation.